forum

Why can't I put wma music files to edit?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
killedGeorgeShrink
Well I once recorded one song, and I went through the edit menu, but once I drag the wma music file in the menu, it says "unknown file". Are there any ways you can put wma music files for osu!?
Aerial Alchemist
You can try converting it to .mp3 form, though I've seen few converters that actually work, and the ones that DO work aren't usually free.
YoshiKart
You could also try playing it on your computer, then recording it withAudacity. Then you could import it as an mp3 directly.
Echo
@yoshi: afaik that'll record it mono, not stereo, which you definitely don't want happening

Personally I use Switch, which converts most file types (http://www.nch.com.au/switch/). I think the free version can do .wma files. If not, buy i mean pirate it.
awp
Switch can do WMA I believe, but don't quote me on that. Switch is great for simple conversions. I use GoldWave, because that program is awesome when you're not doing super crazy shit that causes it to occasionally crash randomly.
Echo

komari-chan wrote:

Use lame to convert the high quailty MP3 songs.
Yeah, but you need to decode the wma first though. LAME only encodes raw music data into mp3.

@awp: Switch (full version) does wma. Not sure about free though.