forum

Space Channel 5 Part 2 - Guitar Showdown (Report 2-2)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ash
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 at 8:13:28 PM

Artist: Space Channel 5 Part 2
Title: Guitar Showdown (Report 2-2)
BPM: 136
Filesize: 20580kb
Play Time: 03:16
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy - Duet (2.4 stars, 115 notes)
  2. Hard - Duet (4.75 stars, 239 notes)
Download: Space Channel 5 Part 2 - Guitar Showdown (Report 2-2)
Download: Space Channel 5 Part 2 - Guitar Showdown (Report 2-2) (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Spaaaaaaaace Channel 5!

Ulala's ready for GUITAR BATTLE

CAN YOU HANDLE THE ROCK
LuigiHann
I'd say have the "opponents" beats be gray, probably with no numbers... and since Space Channel 5 is a "call and repeat" sort of game, I would suggest having the opponent beat placement be identical to the line she's challenging Ulala to replicate.

In fact, instead of animating the whole "hitting the beats" thing, you could just have the beats appear exactly as she's placing" them?

Just throwin' some ideas out there. I realize it's an obnoxious amount of work to storyboard fake beats, so good luck. Skinned elements so far look great by the way, and the map itself plays fine.
Topic Starter
ash
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
Two options come to mind:

One would be to skin the approach circles to be translucent or invisible. The downside to that is that the player could cheat it by just deleting the custom png, and also that it would apply to the entire beatmap, not just the battle section.

The other option would be to use extremely ambiguous beatspacing during the battle sections. Most osu players base their timing more on the spacing than the approach circles, so if you make it clear that spacing won't help them here, they may realize that Pudding's circles are the key. Not sure how well that'd fly with other mods, but that's what I would do.
Topic Starter
ash
Well the first solution was the one I originally thought of. But then I'd probably have to storyboard the approach circles for the areas of the song that aren't in VS mode... The other solution is out of the question. I can't screw up spacing for just a gimmick. It would make it easier if you could specify notes that have to be hit with either the left or right mouse button (z/x/c/v even; without taiko mod), or if, somehow, some way, I could make the player use arrow keys, but they're both impossible right now (and most likely they will remain impossible).

There has to be some way. I'm sure someone could come up with an applicable way to do this, but apparently you're the only one interested in this thing :( :( :(

Topic Starter
ash
double post, bad netiquette, whatever.

I decided I might as well just get rid of the whole "take-turns" thing and just plop the beats in the middle, making you more dependent on HEARING her beats, rather than looking at them.

osu! is just not made for this sort of thing. sigh
LuigiHann
Sad but true.

I really did like the look of the splitscreen, so i hope that can be used for something someday.
Topic Starter
ash
yeah... SOMETHING.

anyway, it's ready for modding<3
LuigiHann
YOU GET A LUIGI BUBBLE

Need somebody to Nazi the timing, though.
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
ash
LuigiHann
It plays fine for me. Hard mode is hard for me, but that's often the case. If nobody's going to suggest a better timing, I'm going to bubble this.
Dakeyrus
Very well done. Ranked.
Kagamine Yoshi DX