forum

Gradual BPM change

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ash
Some songs have slowdown or speed up sections. If timing sections allowed for a gradual BPM change over the period of time specified, to the BPM specified, it would be a lot easier to map these sorts of sections without the hassle of timing section overload.
lukewarmholiday
or you could put a break and save hours of work
LuigiHann
This type of thing is common in Space Channel 5, but I'm not sure where else it's used, so I don't know how useful it'd be in the long run...
Gemi
There are supprisingly many songs that would benefit from this in dance game chart making, but I don't see too much help in osu due to the fact that there is no note coloring based on the note snap used, so you can easily just bullshit the slowdown/speedup by using the wrong snap.
YoshiKart
Queen maps, especially obvious in We Will Rock You?
silasw
DeltaMAX anyone?
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
I don't see this being useful. Most songs which have "gradual" changes are not at a constant acceleration. It is usually done ad-lib by the artist, and would only occasionally be precisely timed. I therefore don't see this being a worthwhile change.

KISS is my policy for things like this.