forum

The Kinks - Plastic Man

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cmdt_Carpenter
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, September 01, 2008 at 6:31:57 PM

Artist: The Kinks
Title: Plastic Man
BPM: 91.93
Filesize: 4721kb
Play Time: 02:33
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.73 stars, 116 notes)
  2. Normal (1.01 stars, 129 notes)
  3. Hard (3.44 stars, 226 notes)
Download: The Kinks - Plastic Man
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
First ever release for me, yay. (Also first post of mine) Beware of the slider speed increase!

So far, a couple of timing issues in places; not in places that disrupt gameplay however.

If you have suggestions please be sure to tell me for updating this map, or in future maps.

Edit: Got some tips and changed around a couple of notes and the intro. Added background.

Edit 2: Fixed some note placement (put back on time) and added Easy difficulty. Don't know if the Easy one should be a bit longer, but can't think of anything to add to it.

Edit 3: Just put a few notes back in time (again) and made a couple changes to Easy.

Edit 4: Added a Normal mode. Not the best at this point, but it can get better.

Edit 5: Fixed up sliders in Normal, changed some placing...
Dakeyrus
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Dakeyrus
Just caught this:

01:39:32 - (1),(2),(3),(4)...(13) - (2) is spaced way to far from (3) and onward due to the consistency of the rhythms there. Might have to move the slider on (1) as well to compensate.

And the notes after the time change at 02:22:85 NEED to be resnapped, they've fallen outta synch with the song.
Topic Starter
Cmdt_Carpenter
Adding an easy difficulty; fixing some spacing.

Normal difficulty will take a little while.
Dakeyrus
Easy Mode:

02:02:90 - (1),(2),(3),(4),(5) - Just a sound thing, I would suggest placing the notes on every second beat instead of every third. But, I'm not sure it's "wrong" perse, so consider it a personal suggestion/opinion.

Overall easy mode is spaced very close together. I wouldn't say this is "wrong", but I would suggest for the sake of keeping it easy to sight read you space out the notes a bit more. You've got the space to work with :)

Hard Mode:

00:35:38 - (1),(2)...(11) - (1) is timed a bit too early, move it to the white tick to keep the stream consistent.

01:54:15 - (1),(1),(2) - The green (1) is spaced too far from the Blue (1) for the consistency of the timing.

Otherwise looks pretty damn good. I've given you a Star so we will be keeping track of this map's progress. Good job :). And don't stress about Easy being a bit longer, ofter Easy mode and Normal modes are worth significantly less points than Hard or Insane, and sometimes they don't even last the entirety of the song. Easy is fine.

Very impressive for a first map, I look forward to normal mode and any future submissions :)
Topic Starter
Cmdt_Carpenter

Dakeyrus wrote:

Easy Mode:

02:02:90 - (1),(2),(3),(4),(5) - Just a sound thing, I would suggest placing the notes on every second beat instead of every third. But, I'm not sure it's "wrong" perse, so consider it a personal suggestion/opinion.

Overall easy mode is spaced very close together. I wouldn't say this is "wrong", but I would suggest for the sake of keeping it easy to sight read you space out the notes a bit more. You've got the space to work with :)
On the every third markers, I wasn't sure how it would be received, but I enjoy the sound. I may change it if enough people aren't fans of it.

Also: It didn't really occur to me that Easy was a bit cluttered; I'll see if I can do something about that, though I'll probably take the lazy way on that one.
Dakeyrus
As I said, both of those were more or less just personal opinions. Once another mod or two take a look at it I'm sure this one has the potential to be ranked. Just try to spit out that Normal mode some time soon.
Topic Starter
Cmdt_Carpenter

Dakeyrus wrote:

Just try to spit out that Normal mode some time soon.
Done. Will definitely need modification, but it's functional at least, very good at best.
Dakeyrus
Couple problems in the Normal Mode:

00:13:76 - (9) - This slider is broken, I'm not even sure of what happened. Fix this.
00:47:97 - (1,2,3) - (1) and (2) are too far apart. I would suggest moving 2 to the middle between (1) and (3).
02:27:80 - (2) - Nitpicking, I think this should start a new combo here.

Other than that, turned out quite well. Are you planning an insane difficulty or are you happy with Hard? If you're done after Hard and you fix these problems up I'll go ahead and bubble this for you.
Topic Starter
Cmdt_Carpenter
Insane would probably be very fun to do, but I like the Hard the way it is.

Also, fixed the slider, changed 00:47:97, and I worked around the 02:27:80, changed the previous slider to previous combo and added in break.
Dakeyrus
I would still suggest having (9) at 2:27:80 to start a new combo, as it's right after a break, but other than that I see no reason why this shouldn't be bubbled. So there you go!
Topic Starter
Cmdt_Carpenter

Dakeyrus wrote:

I would still suggest having (9) at 2:27:80 to start a new combo
Oh right. I still had to hit new combo. That's actually what I meant to do; now really fixed.
Mogsy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
beebl
extremely bad map.