forum

Game stuttering

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GSR_old
As of late, Osu! has been stuttering whenever I play. It's strictly video-based, as the sound continues uninterrupted. Every few seconds, there will be a half-second pause or so, which, needless to say, makes things a bit difficult to play. This occurs at all times, not just during active play (eg. it happens in the menus.) I can't locate the exact build where this started happening, though, since it's been a while since I've played.

My system specs are above the recommendations (2.6gHz processor, 768 MB ram, Radeon X1300 w/ 256 MB video RAM.) This has occurred in other games, but only ones with much higher requirements (namely, Bioshock), and even then it's not as constant as in Osu!, usually occurring only in graphics-intensive areas. Less graphic-intensive games, such as Shadow of Destiny, run fine.

I am certain it's not a problem with CPU/ram - I've closed down all other programs and checked with task manager, and Osu! is getting all the resources it needs.

One of the only things I can think of is that Osu! doesn't like my video card anymore for some reason. I'm pretty sure it's not the DirectX - running DirectX/Direct3D tests gave me a solid framerate.

The only other thing I can think of is that I recently swapped out a stick of 128MB ram for 256MB, which has been working fine otherwise. Dunno why Osu! wouldn't like it.

Further details will be provided as needed.
peppy
Contact me on IRC for a temporary fix until the next public release (ETA stunday). I have already fixed this problem.