forum

Crush 40 -Escape From The City[Updated-AGAIN]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kolma
MY FIRST BEATMAP @_@

anyways my 1st song is escape from the city as heard in the 1st level of sonic adventure 2

http://peppy.chigau.com/files/Crush%204 ... 20City.osz

the video playing in the background was played and recorded by myself so it has a much more "Kolma Made" feel to it i guess lol

Did alotta Work on it so it falls into hard/insane
anyways enjoy :P
Also Big Thanks to TenutoInuke who tested my song in its earliest forms
ZZT helped me with sometiming aswell as some help with sliders
and Extor which helped with BPM(made a huuge difference in my game)

*edit
song basically redone
ready to go :D

*edit
Sliders have more beatsto them to better match song
also Ki drops much quicker thn b4 aswell as notes appear time is delayed so u have to react fast(harder but goes mych better with song)
Extor
Pretty nice beatmap. I love the Sonic shape at the end it's even with the blue combo!

My only complain is the BPM, it seems a bit off (and maybe the offset too). I tried to get one myself and got something around 127.5 for the BPM but I'm not sure if that one works...

Thanks a lot for doing a beatmap for this!
Topic Starter
Kolma
when i get home ill try to fix it up and resubmit.
and yeah took a couple of tries to have sonic at end blue while making combo sets make sense
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Personally, I think this song works a lot better around double the tempo. You can see that around 259.8-260 BPM, the ticks fit very well. That is, if you change the offset to 2,330. After that, it's just the task of fixing the beats and sliders. >_>;
Topic Starter
Kolma
this song is never going to get approved is it ;_; lol
Topic Starter
Kolma
ok i did some updates hopefully will get accepted now
peppy
Sorry to say this after the work you have put in but I still don't think this is passable for ranking!

1. The timing still seems a bit off. There are some notes which are snapped to 1/4 which could be 1/2.
2. There is a slider that overlaps itself backwards, which is generally bad practice and will really confuse people.
3. Its a pretty hard level and there's no easy version.

That said, its not a bad beatmap at all - and I really love the background video :).
Homestarrunner
well, i <3 this song (I'm a big sonic game fan) and i might do the Theme of Sonic for SA2, cause that song i've listened to for so long, i already have a storyboard in my head, and i have places that the pauses would work perfect, just like an ouendan or an EBA game
Topic Starter
Kolma
alright wen i have the time ill make an easir version aswell as fix some notes and that slider
just got GH3 so not much time ^_^;