forum

Fullscreen & Windowed, plus Shaders

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Drezus
So, I'm having this problem. Well, I dunno if it's more of a problem, but it's bugging me a lot lately.

When I'm Fullscreen, the mouse is too slow and inresponsible. Because of that, I need to turn off Framerate Limit, so I can get more control over it.

When I'm windowed, the mouse acts TOTALLY inversely: It gets laggy and slow if Framerate Limit is off, so I need to go back and turn it on.

The problem is that when I'm Fullscreen and go to Edit Mode, the screen gets windowed again, but the framerate limit CONTINUES on, which makes the mouse laggy and very annoying. Because of that I always need to go back to options to turn it off....and, well....It's starting to make me tired :( Isn't there anything that could be done in this case?

Also, whenever I'm in Fullscreen or Windowed, Framerate Limit on or off, If I turn the Shader Effects on, the game always get little lags when I'm about to hit a beat (when the screen is supposed to flash, mostly when you're going good, for example), and I always misses them. the problem is that I have a "relatively powerful" dual core PC which can run Battlefield 2, Pro Evolution Soccer '08 and The Sims 2 very fine in full speed, so I'm really sad by the fact I can't use the shader effects in Osu because of those lags.

Well, I think that does it. Sorry for the wall of text.
YoshiKart
Me are wall o' text basher.

1. What's your PC specs?

2. I have 2.5 GB of ram, and yet I still get lag every now and then (I'm over spec requirement, and have nothing else running). I always put osu! windowed to the second smallest size, and sometimes I have to put it to the smallest just to stop the lag. Try keeping it at windowed sizes for now. Full screen causes tons of lag (and the ratio of length-width messes up; osu! doesn't support widescreen yet).

3. Personally, I think the framerate limiter hurts (me) more than helps (me). Spinners screw up while playing and viewing replays, and beats aren't recognized to be hit (even w/o snaking sliders and shader effects).
Topic Starter
Drezus
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
Core Processator 4400+
2GB RAM
peppy
Graphics card specs please - its all that matters in this case.

Also, go into your graphics card settings and set Vertical Sync (VSync) to ALWAYS OFF. This will reduce the mouse lag you feel, for sure.

The shader lag you feel may be due to having older graphics card drivers, if your card is supposed to be powerful. Otherwise it may be that the shader support of your card doesn't live up to osu!'s requirements (they are higher than you'd expect, due to the number of overlapping elements in the game ;)).