forum

Crash after placing slider [Answered]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bayowar
Hi,

I recently started working on my first beatmap. The intuitive interface and video tutorials are great,
but unfortunately osu crashes after I place more than one slider. This is how I can reproduce it every time:

* Start edit mode, choose project/mp3
* Place two sliders, one immedtiatly after the other
* Osu crashes if I scroll back before the sliders (i.e. place the 2nd one, then mouse wheel up)
* Error description says "External component has thrown an exception."

I can work around it if I press stop at the bottom, but it'll crash at some point right before it reaches the the sliders.

If I delete one of the sliders it'll magically work again, no crashes. It also works if the sliders are far apart and there's
only one visible.

I run osu on a tablet with Vista Ultimate SP1 32bit. 1.5GHz Centrino, plenty of Ram and a Geforce Go 5200 graphics
card with 66.xx forceware drivers (XP release).
Osu runs in window mode and iis fully updated, I also deleted osu.dll and redownloaded it through the updater.
Video options are default, as far as I know.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Cheers
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
bayowar
Very little, 32MB I think. According to specifications it should use a portion of my main RAM in these situations,
except it doesn't seem to do that.

Unfortunately I can't upgrade it, newer Vista drivers don't support the VGA output of the tablet. I have all the
graphics settings turned down, as it is. There aren't any 3D apps running, either.

Does osu benefit from shared system memory? Maybe I could fix that and keep my drivers.
peppy
You may be able to change the amount of shared memory in your BIOS. Usually you can get into bios by hitting DEL or F2. Look under each of the menus and try and find something about shraed memory, or maybe AGP aperture. You should aim to get it to at LEAST 64mb, but I'd recommend 128.