forum

Jun Senoue - Mission Street

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on September 11, 2008 at 6:28:11 PM

Artist: Jun Senoue
Title: Mission Street
BPM: 180
Filesize: 4695kb
Play Time: 01:16
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.7 stars, 93 notes)
  2. Intense (4.35 stars, 251 notes)
Download: Jun Senoue - Mission Street
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
orz
Sinistro
Very good. I can't see any problems with the timing (unless the offset is like 5 ms early or something), and your rhythm patterns make sense. The big problem, of course, is spacing. A large portion of the map has spacing issues, but I see you've started fixing it.

Watch ranked beatmaps in the editor and play through them to accustom yourself to the concept of beatspacing in practice. You can try applying automatic Distance Snap in your map, or you can do it manually by deciding a distance for a set time period (e.g. one beat) and applying it in multiples and fractions depending on the beat divisions you'll encounter in the map (e.g. use about half the distance you set when the next object is half a beat away from the last one). Don't worry about being perfectly exact - we just need spacing to be correct enough so that a player who doesn't know the song can intuitively play the beatmap and not get tricked by the spacing into clicking too soon or too late. Try test playing the map to gauge this.

Once the spacing has cleared up a bunch, I think this will look pretty good.
mattyu007
teehee calendar :P

Timing:
BPM: 179.97
Offset: 1,754
Resnap all notes, Recalculate slider lengths

I'll mod the actual map in a bit...high school registeations >.<"
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
CheeseWarlock
Yay, 1:30 AM modding.

Intense:
01:56:44 (1) - WHY? D:
02:21:77 (3) - Bad spacing.

Hard:
OFFSET OFFSET OFFSET

Normal:
00:35:92 (2) - Difficulty curve are WHOA! Seriously, your challenge level is all over the place in this diccifulty.

Also, I cracked open MS Paint and removed the calendar for ya. I think it looks fine; if you disagree (and can see the pixels) you're gonna have to find someone who knows the Photoshop.

Link'd for pagestretch
MaxwellDemon
Normal

00:07:75 (8) - Make new combo here please. :P
01:01:42 (3,4) - Spacing
01:03:09 (6,7,8) - More spacing

Why don't you just turn on distance snap, in order to get a correct idea? :o
By the way, did you full submit the map, because I am not getting a BG :P

Intense

00:49:09 (6,7) - Just a little bit here
01:16:10 (4,5,6) - Hm? It's acceptable... but the change is too sudden
02:22:77 (4,5,6) - Same here again

Beat placement is great though... have a star~
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
MaxwellDemon
Some more fixes that I didn't catch the first time

Intense
00:20:42 (1) - Extend slider by 1/2 beat

After that, hopefully it's a bubble. XD
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
fixed

MaxwellDemon
Bubbling then~
Sinistro
I think bpm is better at 180.00. The slider repeats at the end of Intense, for example, sound off at 179.97.
The two difficulties also have different offsets, even if they only have a 4 ms difference. Equalise timing settings on both difficulties, resnap, recalc, recheck, reduce, reuse, recycle (last three are optional). Other than that, no problems :)

UPDATE: Ranked after timing changed with awp's double check for extra credibility ;)
Drezus
Oh, how cute! I love this soong from Sonic Adventure 2! But I felt myself needing to say that it needs a bit of work. There are some random breaks scaterred everywhere, and beats follow more the song's rhythm than the song itself.
You know, I'm only giving this c+c because I really love this song, so I would like to see it improved. Otherwise, if I dind't liked it that much, You can bet I wouldn't even care about posting this here.

P.S.: But, yeah, Insane (which isn't really INSANE but whatever) is pretty good. You should do like that in other difficulties aswell, just making things easier by taking off some beats and stuff.
Topic Starter
Zerostarry

Drezus wrote:

Oh, how cute! I love this soong from Sonic Adventure 2! But I felt myself needing to say that it needs a bit of work. There are some random breaks scaterred everywhere, and beats follow more the song's rhythm than the song itself.
You know, I'm only giving this c+c because I really love this song, so I would like to see it improved. Otherwise, if I dind't liked it that much, You can bet I wouldn't even care about posting this here.

P.S.: But, yeah, Insane (which isn't really INSANE but whatever) is pretty good. You should do like that in other difficulties aswell, just making things easier by taking off some beats and stuff.
this is overrated, check my other stuff.