forum

Nobuo Uematsu & The Black Mages - Battle on the Big Bridge

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on woensdag 27 augustus 2008 at 17:09:59

Artist: Nobuo Uematsu & The Black Mages
Title: Battle on the Big Bridge
BPM: 171,36
Filesize: 5007kb
Play Time: 04:08
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (3,61 stars, 299 notes)
  2. Normal (4,25 stars, 326 notes)
  3. Hard (4,75 stars, 420 notes)
Download: Nobuo Uematsu & The Black Mages - Battle on the Big Bridge
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Just downloaded Osu yesterday and found it was great fun to create Beatmaps. Here's my first attempt on Battle on the Big Bridge (FFV) as performed by the Black Mages.
LockeZ_old
First: This song doesn't open correctly unless I delete the file 02-Clash on the big bridge.osu from the directory. Might want to not include that file.

Second: Parts of the melody in this song have a rhythm which differs from your buttons.
For instance, at 1:08, the lead guitar might play
!--!!--!!---
While your beats go
!-!-!-!-!---

Third: A LOT of your sliders seem end at completely random times which do not correspond to any note in the song. They'll start when a note starts, but end half a beat later when the note goes on for maybe two beats.

All of my comments are regarding EASY mode of your beatmap. It might not apply to the higher difficulties.

I'm looking forward to your improvements. If this song could take physical form, I would totally have sex with it.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Cyclone
OK, I'm looking at this right now because I'm a huge fan of this song. Now, you made a map after playing the game for one day? I must say this is well done for that kind of experience. However it has a long way to go before its completely presentable.

In case you have not done so, If you go here there is a FAQ on most everything involving this game. Editing is number 5.

Back back to the matter at hand. I noticed there were 3 timing section. Of those three i think the 3rd is VERY close to right, while the 1st two are too fast.

Here's what I came up with using the placement of your 3 timing sections:

1. 00:19:84
BPM: 170.00
Offset: 19,848

2. 00:36:79
BPM: 171.42
Offset: 36,796
(I didn't touch it)

3. 00:45:23
BPM: 170.02
Offset: 45,238

Now, once all that is set, make sure those timing sections seem right. I'm pretty DAMN sure about that 3rd one as I went halfway through the song with a 1% mistimed notes hit (you can see this while playing in test mode)

Now, something tells me you placed noted in that first timing section before some kind of change was made to it... What you'll have to do is re-snap all the notes. What this means is zoom in the timeline (by pressing the + on the timeline), use the Select function (located at the left of the editor), and grab each note on the timeline. On each note move it back and forth to re-snap it (use 1/2 Beat Snap Divisor for ease, as nothing in this song I can see right now goes past that much timing.) You're going to want to do this to every single note in the song. It might take a while, but timing is the most important thing here.

Oh yeah, and timing changes WILL have to be made to each difficulty.

OK, I've already been looking at this map for far too long. Please make those changes, then I will help you with the rest, because I really want to see that this song is made well, and it certainly has a good start. Oh yeah, Welcome to Osu!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.