forum

Kamelot - The Haunting

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hybreed
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on August-28-08 at 5:47:12 PM

Artist: Kamelot
Title: The Haunting
Source: Kamelot
BPM: 180.02
Filesize: 9365kb
Play Time: 04:36
Difficulties Available:
  1. Extreme - Varies (2.37 stars, 249 notes)
  2. Varies (1.85 stars, 249 notes)
  3. Medium - Varies (2.14 stars, 249 notes)
Download: Kamelot (Kamelot) - The Haunting
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my first beatmap! Be nice! It dosn't go all the way through the song, and is quite easy. The reason it dosn't complete the song is it is VERY long. What I have now is 4 minutes, 37 seconds! And its only 80 percent done the song. Anyway, here is Kamelot, The Haunting.

Edit: Followed advice. New difficulties.

Download: Masaomi Kida - Fukkireta (BattorA) [Hellzero's diff].osu
CheeseWarlock
Excellent song choice. Osu! needs more stuff like this.

But your map needs work. For timing, use 120 as the BPM (you could use 180, but I think that would be harder to work with) and 16,170 as the offset. Make sure you're not moving already placed notes when you do this.

Then, get resnapping! And you need to work on your spacing, too. It doesn't have to be perfect all the time, but it should always seem intuitive. Read the FAQs if you need help.

And what's with all those bookmarks?...
mm201
Again, good song choice, but there are a few faults.

Some of those jumps are MAD crazy, and there seems to be no following of the time-distance rule here. The colours of the notes are very dark, and it makes the approach circles very hard to see.
Topic Starter
Hybreed
I seem to be hitting every note, and I suck! Must be because I know where they are going. Ill fix it.
DawnII
I don't believe it, you beat me to this song. Oh well, I might do March of Mephisto instead. I will update with mod suggestions once I either get internet in my apt or find a private spot in the library :lol:

Edit: Don't hate on the bookmarks Cheese.
CheeseWarlock
The BPM is still too high. Set it to exactly 180, using the timing setup panel. And snap all your notes!

Also, this map plays sort of dry. It's boring, because all the notes are on white ticks. Set your beat snap divisor to 1/2, and add in some excitement! There's plenty of opportunity in this song for notes that are 1 1/2 beats apart.

Also, the difficulties have some problems. "Varies" is sort of vague, and a more constant difficulty would be more appealing to players. Of course you want to have hard parts, but DO pigeonhole it into one difficulty name. And this map won't be ranked with all the maps being the same except for song setup difficulty, like they are now.

I included an .osu file that shows a few examples of more interesting beat patterns. Don't use it in your map, it's too random. It's just a demonstration of what you can do with 1/2 beats in this song. I also added another timing section (BPM 120.00, Offset 170) to make the countdown sound a lot nicer. I'd say apply that to your maps, even if you want to use BPM 180 for the song itself.

Download: Kamelot - The Haunting (Hybreed) [1.5 Beats].osu
Topic Starter
Hybreed
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
CheeseWarlock
You might have some trouble getting that to happen. Some mods, myself included, won't graveyard a map just because you feel like uploading another one. We have beatmap limits for a reason, you know.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.