forum

Yoko Shimomura - Cackletta Soul Battle

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
m980
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, 17 September 2008 at 3:50:08 PM

Artist: Yoko Shimomura
Title: Cackletta Soul Battle
BPM: 125.3
Filesize: 3604kb
Play Time: 02:10
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.36 stars, 114 notes)
  2. Normal (3.68 stars, 182 notes)
  3. Hard (4.77 stars, 425 notes)
  4. Insane (5 stars, 666 notes)
Download: Yoko Shimomura - Cackletta Soul Battle
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Okay..

This is the song from the Final Battle in Mario and Luigi SSS. It is pretty easy in Easy.. but turns really evil in Insane, and it even has 666 Combo!

The Insane and Hard version is more of a clicking challenge. Good luck passing those. Normal and Easy are really easy in comparison.

I'm not sure about the offset.. I'm pretty sure BPM is correct.

Anyone who FC's Insane (No Mods) deserves a Cookie.
Anyone who FC's Insane (Taiko) also deserves a Cookie

Change Log

August
Added a few Storyboard Stuff.. Lightning will be changed to look ALOT better then it does right now.
(Only Implemented in Hard and Insane Mode..)
Editted a few more Storyboard Stuff.. Lightning now goes BEHIND a few characters.

September
Wow.. I did alot with this..
Easy : Completely changed it. Used Distance snap. Added "Beatmap by m980" to this difficulty.
Normal : See Above
Hard : Nothing Much changed here..
Insane : Changed last Crazy Part.. Changed the part after the last Crazy Part
All Difficulties : Added Whistles and Finishes

Again.. Did alot..
Easy : It was pretty boring before.. So I changed it.. Again..
Normal : See Above
Hard : Changed some Beatspacing Problems.. Added Cackletta's Soul's Laugh in the break.
Insane : Completely Redid.. Added Cackletta's Whatever..

13th September
Easy : Nothing
Normal : Got rid of a few notes to make it abit easier and less of a stream.
Hard : Got rid of Final Stream
Insane : Nothing

14th September
Flipped 02:04:46 (1,1,2,3,4) [Easy] vertically.. Spacing makes more sense now..
Added the Whole Cackletta's Body into Insane Only..

16th September
Fixed Slider in Hard (There you go James..)

17th September (And hopefully the LAST UPDATE!)
Changed all the Things James Suggested.
MaxwellDemon
Somehow 1,150 offset sounds better for me and seem to work better when the drums actually comes in.

Fix up your notes, and let me know what you think. XD

A bit of chatting in irc... no complains, but still working in progress... so, star'd.

Download: HTT - NO, Thank You! (TV Size) (Dangaard) [Insane's after].osu
ash
[Easy]
00:09:53 (1) - spacing in correlation to 4 of the previous combo
01:58:70 (7) - spacing

[Normal]
00:33:47 (4,5,6) - spacing (the entire stack)
01:14:65 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - the spacing appears to change here; incorrect

[Hard]
00:01:86 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - spacing (too close compared to the rest of the map's average distance spacing)
01:22:31 to 01:45:06 - the spacing between certain beats seems to change (example: 01:23:15 (7,8,9) compared to 01:19:20 (6,7,8,9,10); there are quite a few sections like that -- please fix)
01:52:96 - what
maybe a smaller beat size would suit that one section (and probably a few others) better?

[Insane]
ok this is harder to explain
00:01:86 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) compared to 02:02:53 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)
not a problem, but still
also
01:22:31 to 01:52:72 is just like the problem in [hard] (this one: "01:22:31 to 01:45:06 - the spacing between certain beats seems to change (example: 01:23:15 (7,8,9) compared to 01:19:20 (6,7,8,9,10); there are quite a few sections like that -- please fix)")
MaxwellDemon
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mtmcl
I didn't have a problem with anything (other than being a shitty player) Here's your bubble
Topic Starter
m980

mtmcl wrote:

I didn't have a problem with anything (other than being a shitty player) Here's your bubble
Thanks.. Now for someone to Rank/Tell me to Fix something..
Rolled
I cannot say that I have any non rankable issues with this map, however I do have some problems with it.

Timing is fine btw, within 5 ms. Got an average of 3 or so off on normal. So that's fine.

Anyways, my biggest problem in this is the similarities between hard and insane. Hard just is basically the same notes except 1/4ths being stacked as opposed to streams.

Also, I know star rating can be kind of BS at times, but a 4.5 normal star rating should tell you something :X The whole map is basically a stream. All I know if I was a normal player, this map would not make me happy.

Now I played insane first, and when I got to that stream at the end i was like ehhhhhhh. It was a bit much, but I'm willing to stomache it for insane. But then when I saw the same stream in hard, that's pushing it. Let that stream rest in insane, way overkill for hard.

Not going to pop since I guess this is personal preference. I am really 100% against that hard stream though, if somebody decides to rank this disreguarding what I said.
Card N'FoRcE
Timing seems fine to me.

Easy:
02:04:46 (1,1,2,3,4) - maybe the first 1 too close to the previous 4. I think that flipping vertically these beats is better.

Hard and Insane:
WTF is with that weird monster coming? :X
I lol'd hard :roll:

Insane:
why no sliders? D: (discussed a little in IRC)

Cool map anyway, good job :)
mtmcl
*yawns* I'm tired, but I think this is rebubbable. Other mods seem to have only small picky suggestions, but it's all in ranking limits etc blah yatta *yawns again* Who will be the next to pop it? Rolled? Saturos? burai? Maybe even peppy?

Nah, I think it's fine this time.
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
m980
Hmm.. How's This??

(Image Removed)

In response to V

Download: angela - Aoi Haru (TV Size) (KenezzEdward) [Lizbeth].osu
James
yay free post

James
OMG I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS HAHAHA

OKAY!

your censored of doom is AWESOME :D

/me bubbles not yet

suggestion:
whistle sounds a little repetitive though. just mix and do whatever you want i suggested.
hard:
00:18:27 - try putting a whistle in this note. see how it sounds.
00:38:74 - remove the hitsound on this slider?

and hard:
the last long slider, how about making it opposite (flip) like the first one? it looks like a mushroom and it fits :D
you need to adjust the circles after though
James
bump
Topic Starter
m980
Okay James..

Changed it.
James
bubbletime~
MaxwellDemon
ranktime~
88Titan88