forum

Spoon - Don't You Evah

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Puffles
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Loginer
I see, a challenge to Ivalset and eyup. Seriously, the beats could do well to appear a little earlier. And some of the beats that are close to each other in the timeline are too far away from each other on the screen. Fix that. Also, make an easy version. Except for that, it's a good beatmap.
Topic Starter
Puffles

Loginer wrote:

I see, a challenge to Ivalset and eyup. Seriously, the beats could do well to appear a little earlier. And some of the beats that are close to each other in the timeline are too far away from each other on the screen. Fix that. Also, make an easy version. Except for that, it's a good beatmap.
It's supposed to be a hard level. The beats are supposed to appear late, and there's supposed to be large jumps to make things difficult.

I can clear it easily, and I've come close to S-ranking it. I can do all the jump parts perfectly, using a mouse. (I'm not bragging, I'm just saying that the level is far from unplayable.) I don't understand how you can criticize it just because of its difficulty level. It's almost 5 stars, what did you expect?!

I'll think about making an easy version, if more people are having trouble with this. Also, feel free to label the difficulty as "Insane," if you feel it's really that hard.

Anybody else have any feedback?
Topic Starter
Puffles
OK, I'm making a Normal version now.
Kolma
i played the song and its not to bad.
for fans of ouendan 2 with insane mode this ranks up on that difficulty.
cept your using a mouse...
so it does take some tries but this some is passable(i havent passed it yet but i will soon)
the hardest part is trying to keep with the beat
Topic Starter
Puffles
You know, I think you're actually right. I might've gotten a bit too defensive just because I worked so hard on it, so I was sort of expecting it to be accepted. I'll get rid of some of the really hard jumps and make the beats appear faster, and I'll also work on an easy version.
peppy
Very well made. Feels hard, but I don't mind the jumps you have, particularly. As long as you make at least one easier version of this, it is well on its way to being ranked :D.
Topic Starter
Puffles
I've made the insane mode a little bit easier in Version 5, as previously suggested by Loginer. No worries, though, it's still fiendishly difficult!

I'm working on an easy version now. Guys, try out version 5 and tell me what you think!
Ivalset
I'm particularly a fan of the beatmap. The accuracy is slightly unforgiving, but it's a 4.5 star map, so I suppose that's to be expected (195/141/6 with 9 misses first time through >:/)

All in all, a wonderful beatmap. Now to see how eyup responds.
Topic Starter
Puffles
Thanks for the feedback, Ivelset!

I've just release Version 1 of the Normal mode! It might be ever-so-slightly on the difficult side (3 stars), but I think it's easy enough to pass for a Normal level. (I can S-rank it easily.)

Also, do I literally need to make an Easy mode, or is a Normal mode and an Insane mode good enough? It gets somewhat repetitive mapping for the same song.
Ivalset
It's probably a good idea to make an easy mode. Not everyone spends all their time playing osu or is naturally talented with a mouse, and it'd be nice if everyone could appreciate this beatmap. Most of the beatmaps seem to appeal to a 4 star difficulty, and that's hard to jump into. A lot of people just throw out a few notes, and tone down the accuracy/drain/circle size, and there's nothing wrong with it as far as I am concerned.

also it's an A, not an E
Topic Starter
Puffles
OK, that sounds reasonable.
Topic Starter
Puffles
OK! Now we have an Easy mode, a Normal mode, and the original Insane mode!

Is this ready for the game now, or do you have any more suggestions for improvement?
peppy
One thing I can say without downloading is you should only have one osz file. It will contain all three beatmaps automatically. It seems like your easy package has these so I'll assume it is the latest of all three and rename it for you.
Topic Starter
Puffles

peppy wrote:

One thing I can say without downloading is you should only have one osz file. It will contain all three beatmaps automatically. It seems like your easy package has these so I'll assume it is the latest of all three and rename it for you.
I didn't realize that! ^^;

Yeah, the Easy package has the latest versions of all three, then.
Topic Starter
Puffles
AHH WAIT before you make it official!!

I made a mistake, one of the combos continues after the break. Lemme reupload with the fixed versions!

On a side note, you should have it programmed so that combos can't continue through breaks.
peppy

Puffles wrote:

AHH WAIT before you make it official!!

I made a mistake, one of the combos continues after the break. Lemme reupload with the fixed versions!

On a side note, you should have it programmed so that combos can't continue through breaks.
Should have.
Could have.
Would have.
Will do. Tonight.
Topic Starter
Puffles
eyup
Really nice work on these! Very well made. One TINY thing I found was that your BPM may be SLIGHTLY off, but (especially in the Insane version) due to the high accuracy required, it makes quite a big difference. Have a listen to towards the end of the song. I've attached the fixed .osu for the insane version with resnapped beats. You'll have to do the same for the other two versions.

Also, another small tip regarding your spinners, e.g. the one at 1:57.90 - start the spinner earlier (since you have a big gap before it) and end it earlier (so that you can see the next beats coming up).

Otherwise, fantastic work!

Download: Spoon - Don't You Evah (Puffles) [Insane].osu
Topic Starter
Puffles

eyup wrote:

Really nice work on these! Very well made. One TINY thing I found was that your BPM may be SLIGHTLY off, but (especially in the Insane version) due to the high accuracy required, it makes quite a big difference. Have a listen to towards the end of the song. I've attached the fixed .osu for the insane version with resnapped beats. You'll have to do the same for the other two versions.

Also, another small tip regarding your spinners, e.g. the one at 1:57.90 - start the spinner earlier (since you have a big gap before it) and end it earlier (so that you can see the next beats coming up).

Otherwise, fantastic work!
You missed a few beats with that. (In particular, the "er" in the "I said don't ever" right after the break is WAY off.)

I find it sorta funny that you figure out that a song is timed incorrectly by 0.03 BPM, and then make obvious mistakes with the resnapping. (No offense!)

So, how do I resnap the beats? ...surely I don't have to do each beat manually?
show more