forum

Kingdom Hearts (Utada Hikaru) - Simple And Clean

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DreamlessThinker
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 at 3:34:44 PM

Artist: Utada Hikaru
Title: Simple And Clean
BPM: 87.99
Filesize: 6852kb
Play Time: 03:24
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.03 stars, 245 notes)
  2. Hard (2.22 stars, 256 notes)
Download: Utada Hikaru - Simple And Clean
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I figured I would give beatmap-building a shot. 1st project; You would have to know the song pretty well to succeed first time through. Any comments are welcome.

-9/01/08-

Updated the map; thanks for all the comments!

-9/02/08-

Fine-tuned tempo.
luckydog_old
I dropped the beat a few times but otherwise it's really well done. I hope that it gets ranked because I enjoyed it a lot.
Mogsy
First off, more difficulties.
Second off, use distance spacing. I don't care if it looks cool, it's not properly spaced, and causes confusion. Remap to fit the distance spacing.
Third, place a break after 00:21:54.
Fourth, 00:35:18 (8) - move it over to the right one tick in the 1/4 divisor if you want to sync it to the vocals.
Fifth, continue mapping until 01:30:06, then place a break.
Sixth, 02:15:06 - Why are there no beats here and then you randomly start again in the middle of the vocals? It just feels weird and wrong.
Seventh, 03:03:13 (1-19) - I know you don't want the map to be repetitive, but this is just...not fun. I'm not a fan of straight clicking stuff like that, especially when it goes up to 19.
Eighth, 03:19:32 - I feel like there should be a beat there.
Ninth, 03:19:49 (1-4) - Yet again, you want to avoid repetition, but this is just...not feeling right to me.

Essentially, more difficulties, distance spacing, and try to find a way to make it not repetitive but still going along with the music. :3
ash
:cry:

i reserved this
DawnII
Timing isn't bad, but 87.99 BPM and 410 offset sounds a tad better to me.
DawnII
You're going to need to implement Mogs' suggestions also. As it stands right now, the map is very confusing and difficult to play. Distance spacing is essential. I think you can get by with just these two difficulties, but an easier difficulty wouldn't hurt either.

In addition, try to create more variety between difficulties. The least you can do is flip/invert the playfield. Right now the only difference between Normal and Hard are a couple notes thrown in.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.