forum

Keane - Spiralling (Radio Edit)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 01 September 2008 at 22:17:26

Artist: Keane
Title: Spiralling (Radio Edit)
BPM: 112
Filesize: 6359kb
Play Time: 02:59
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (1.28 stars, 109 notes)
Download: Keane - Spiralling (Radio Edit)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Just playing around with Osu! and testing the editor...

Not sure if it is perfect or not, and some may find 'Beat Spacing' both good and bad at times, but I'll learn...

So, tell me what you think once your done...
Dakeyrus
Timing for this one is off by a bit, use:

BPM - 112.00
Offset - 1,225

Give it a shot. Resnap your notes afterwards. Repost and I'll take a look
Topic Starter
[deleted user]

Dakeyrus wrote:

Timing for this one is off by a bit, use:

BPM - 112.00
Offset - 1,225

Give it a shot. Resnap your notes afterwards. Repost and I'll take a look
Thanks for the help...

Yeah, the timing was off. I wasn't sure what sure what Offset was (I still don't know what it is, but I've just checked), but the old file's one was around 88,000. Took a while to get it down to 1225. But I have updated a re-mapped the Beatmap, instead of resnapping it...

Enjoy... :)
Dakeyrus
For future reference - At the top of the editor you can click on "timing" for a drop down menu. In there you can select Timing Setup - this will allow you to just type in the offset and BPM manually.

Ok, so, this is significantly better than the old version was. There are a few quirks, however.

- This is not a "Hard" difficulty map, it's "Normal" at best, but I'd consider it easy.
- More difficulties is a definite plus. Perhaps try making a "Hard" or "Insane" difficulty that match up with the lyric line a bit more, or try to do something that matches up with the instrumentation. A good map has a clear beat you can lock into and listen to while playing.
- There are a few places in the map where spacing grows a little inconsistent. For example:

01:29:08 - (3,4) - (3) and (4) are timed just the same as most of the streams throughout the rest of the song, but suddenly you've got a very dramatic spacing between them.

Try to keep spacing consistent to the rest of the map, or have the spacing change slightly in very obvious places (ie. BPM changes)

Now then, go back and try making a harder difficulty for this, and remember what I said about spacing. I'll have a look. This has decent potential to be a good map, you'll just need to put some time and work into it. Best of luck!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.