forum

Ichirin no Hana ~Huge Hollow Mix~ [Techno Remix] Insane.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
Song: Ichirin no Hana ~Huge Hollow Mix~
Song Genre: Techno Remix
Difficulty: Insane
Time: 4:41
Breaks: One break in middle of song.

Video: Optional, Video is an AMV by Shouri no Hana, with Rockman EXE and Ryuusei no Rockman footage.

Download
:
Without Video
With Video

Comments:

This took me like, two weeks to make. And now I'm at a point where I can finally say, "It's done."
If there's something you (Beatmap mods) don't like, feel free to change/tweak the beatmap a little bit.

The song is supposed to be hard to beat, of course, so preview it in the editor first if you want to stand a chance!
Loginer
This song is incredibly long. <_<
A tip is to never make a beatmap longer than 3 minutes. Other than that, it's good. Make it shorter, and make an easy version, and this is as good as ranked.
peppy

Loginer wrote:

This song is incredibly long. <_<
A tip is to never make a beatmap longer than 3 minutes. Other than that, it's good. Make it shorter, and make an easy version, and this is as good as ranked.
I feel similarly about this! But there are some very popular beatmaps out there which are >4minutes... so don't disregard based only on length ;). People seem to be able to withstand lengthy maps.

Edit: OK after playing this - you definitely need to either tone down difficulty (especially the overall difficulty - its near impossible to keep up with the rhythm) or make some easier versions of it! I guess you have mentioned it is an insane map, but even so... I'm not sure how possible this is!

I'll let eyup/Ivalset be the judge though. Very well placed beats, btw. I can't wait to see this ranked so I can watch a replay of it being owned x.x.
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
Thank you, you two. >w<b

I'm working on a normal version, actually. But it'll take some time for it to be finished. I usually work on my beatmaps during the week, which is when I'm not online often.

As for the length of the song, it's not that bad.
If I cut it short, it wouldn't feel right without the two sections of screamo, and the slowdown in between.
Also, I'd be taking out the video as well, as that wouldn't sync, and it'd be someone else's AMV that I would have to edit.

peppy wrote:

Edit: OK after playing this - you definitely need to either tone down difficulty (especially the overall difficulty - its near impossible to keep up with the rhythm) or make some easier versions of it! I guess you have mentioned it is an insane map, but even so... I'm not sure how possible this is!

I'll let eyup/Ivalset be the judge though. Very well placed beats, btw. I can't wait to see this ranked so I can watch a replay of it being owned x.x.
I could tone down the decrease of the Beat bar a little. (Or whatever it's called. I forget)
I know I've passed this song once or twice.

EDIT:
Here, this should make insane mode a little more passable.
I moved a couple beats closer together, too.

EDIT2:
It's passable now.

Download: Takashi matsumoto - Ichirin No Hana ~HHM~ (GuardianHX) [Insane].osu
Extor
I got through it. I don't see anything wrong with the length or the beatmap. As long as you make an easier version. =D

Great job!
Loginer
Meanwhile, on IRC...
<Ivalset> okay, ichirin no hana can just
<Ivalset> fuck off
<Ivalset> i refuse to play that song
:lol:
Ivalset

Loginer wrote:

Meanwhile, on IRC...
<Ivalset> okay, ichirin no hana can just
<Ivalset> fuck off
<Ivalset> i refuse to play that song
:lol:
Well, that was before the changes.

I would pay money to see Extor pass the previous version.

Anyway, the new version is finally playable. The only gripe I have is that it's 4 and a half minutes long. Personally I think you can end the song at around 4 minutes. The last spinner is just unnecessary, really. There's nothing wrong with ending a beatmap before the song is over.
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
Alright, here's one without the Spinner.

Total time: 4:08 minutes without spinner.

EDIT:
Normal mode is shaping up pretty well. I'm changing the pattern quite a bit, and so far, it should be simple enough to follow.
The latest I'll have it up is next Saturday if all goes well with my regular life.

Download: Takashi matsumoto - Ichirin No Hana ~HHM~ (GuardianHX) [Insane].osu
Manabeast
::Downloads map::

o.o Fast song is fast ::Fails::

::Realizes there's an updated version, gets::

Much better. Hard, yes, but possible. I like it, even if it makes me weep in fear.
Topic Starter
GuardianHX

Manabeast wrote:

::Downloads map::
Much better. Hard, yes, but possible. I like it, even if it makes me weep in fear.
Hehe, thank you!

Anyways, here's a preview of Normal. I'm editing it straight from the Insane mode.
Tell me what you think so far, everyone. Is it, "Normal mode" enough, and is it different enough from Insane?

It's only in Normal mode for the first little bit, though. Since it's an Insane edit, it turns into Insane mode from wherever I left off.

Download: Takashi matsumoto - Ichirin No Hana ~HHM~ (GuardianHX) [Normal].osu
Extor
I like the new "normal" version, is still harder than something normal, but I think the song needs it.

You should also upload the whole package into the same .osz. Because someone might download the first version of it and... will fail. XD
peppy
Hmm, I'm not sure if its just me, but I find the beat placement rhythm really hard to follow! Watching in editor looks fine, but I absolutely fail when playing..
Extor
You mean it in normal or in hard?

I didn't have problems to keep up with the beatmap, except the fact I suck. =P
Topic Starter
GuardianHX

peppy wrote:

Hmm, I'm not sure if its just me, but I find the beat placement rhythm really hard to follow! Watching in editor looks fine, but I absolutely fail when playing..
Yeah, I noticed that too while playing. I've been moving some of those beats around a little bit to make it work better.
I've mostly been removing every second note. :/

%50 done normal mode, haven't had time to work on it that much.