forum

Daisuke Ishiwatari, Koh-Ichi Seiyama - The Original

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JeredCain
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, July 20, 2009 at 11:50:48 AM

Artist: Daisuke Ishiwatari, Koh-Ichi Seiyama
Title: The Original
BPM: 130
Filesize: 4520kb
Play Time: 02:41
Difficulties Available:
  1. Threat Level: A (2.55 stars, 158 notes)
  2. Threat Level: C (0.74 stars, 55 notes)
Download: Daisuke Ishiwatari, Koh-Ichi Seiyama - The Original
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my very first beatmap, and I intend on it to be the first of many in a series I'm planning on, all beatmaps to music from Guilty Gear XX.

I have just the one difficulty for now, intended to be a "mid-game" Normal difficulty. My concerns for this beatmap are, for the most part, spacing and the general layout.

I intend to use any and all criticism to improve this beatmap, and to keep it in mind for further difficulties for when I plan on finally submitting this for approval.

EDIT 9/5/08: Incidential beatmap edits

EDIT 9/13/08: Taken DawnII's suggestions, changed throughout the song, added whistles and finishes to other parts of the song. I'm a self-perfectionist by heart, so I'm still not satisfied, but work now begins on Threat Level: C (otherwise known as Breezin').

EDIT 9/13/08, 12:14 PM: Added "Threat Level: C" difficulty, the easiest of the bunch.

EDIT 7/20/09: Reverted some changes to Threat Level A, now currently looking for opinions on it before further work begins on C or the planned Threat Level S.
DawnII
Very good all around. Timing is rock solid, spacing is good. You use 1/8 and snapping off of the timeline quite a bit to get on the beat, which can generally be very confusing for the player. However the way you space the notes out makes it work, and I was able to hit these correctly in test. I do have a few little gripes however:

00:37:37 (1,2) - Extend slider further by 2/8, move (2) 2/8 later.
00:49:71 (3) - Go ahead and snap this to the blue tick, sounds fine there.
00:50:64 (5) - Snap this to blue tick as well. This puts it a bit too close to (6).
00:58:12 (2) - Snap to blue tick.
00:59:18 (6) - " "

Other than that I like it quite a bit. Get some more difficulties up!
Topic Starter
JeredCain
For the most part, I actually use 1/6th division for this song. There's one or two places that I'd used 1/8th, but even then I hadn't been able to get the exact effect I'd wanted.

In the midst of making the changes, I'm realizing that the "snap to the blue beat" changes should've been done in the first place. Yeesh, I might have messed that up in my efforts to "improve".
Loginer
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
JeredCain
It's been a long time, but I've returned. I humbly request a resurrection of this particular beatmap, both so I can work on it and for the opinions of others.
Starrodkirby86
Very well. I revived your beatmap. Have fun~
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.