forum

DDR Mario Mix - Underground Mozart

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ash
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 2:28:59 AM

Artist: DDR Mario Mix
Title: Underground Mozart
BPM: 168.13
Filesize: 7084kb
Play Time: 01:37
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.6 stars, 59 notes)
  2. Normal (2.05 stars, 89 notes)
  3. Hard (3.55 stars, 143 notes)
  4. Insane (4.84 stars, 213 notes)
  5. Impossible (5 stars, 317 notes)
Download: DDR Mario Mix - Underground Mozart
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix: Featuring Underground Mozart!

Underground Mozart is a DDR Mario Mix classic. If you liked the DDR version, then you'll love this! :D
Behon
This is a fun map.

That said, you might want to slow down the sliders a little (maybe to 1.00) for the first part of Normal?
TheRagnarok
Indeed it is a good song. I had fun dancing to it ^_^

A couple things I saw:

Easy:
*00:28:21 (Red slider) the slider here seems to end prematurely. Mayhaps you meant for it to go on for another 1/2 beat?
*Sliders after the 00:34:26 Timing point: They are very slow. Don't think there's a rule against it, but as a player, I am jarred by the heavy change in slider speed, and the sliders just seem to drag. This can go up for debate though ^_^
*01:27:27 and on: I've seen back to back spinners in another song and it worked...it doesn't seem to work for me here. I would recommend adding a little variety in here between spinners, or it may seem like you're holding out or the end of the song.

Normal:
*01:08:52 (Red Slider 3) This slider is completely hidden by red slider #1. got the hint that there was something underneath it, but only afterwards did I realize it was a slider. See if you can set #3 elsewhere so to not confuse the players
*01:19:95 and on: Same thing about the spinners here. Add variety...it gets boring for just spinning the rest of the song. I think the FAQ mentioned to use spinners sparringly too...

Insane: woah
I'm going to try not to critique this too much...because I don't know where the "too insane" line is. But I'll try to give some general pointers
*Your spacing is pretty unforgiving, but it's also inconsistent at times. At 00:34:62, your notes are suddenly bunched together, whereas most everywhere else, they have considerable space between them. I think you want to avoid switching it up like this
* There are several times where your notes overlap themselves...like at 00:12:67. I didn't think that kind of thing was encouraged here. While I could be wrong, i as the player got very turned around by it. Especially as 01:32:44...I have a hard time keeping track of where the notes are going

Hope that helps!
LuigiHann
Spinner spam at the end of Easy and Normal mode is really tiring. Shortening the spinners so there's a bit more of a pause between them would be great.

At first Insane mode blew my brains out, but on second glance, I think if you just increase the circle size a couple notches it should be fine. I really don't know why the editor allows circles to go that small.

Lemme know when you fix those, this'll get a bubble.
Topic Starter
ash

TheRagnarok wrote:

*Your spacing is pretty unforgiving, but it's also inconsistent at times. At 00:34:62, your notes are suddenly bunched together, whereas most everywhere else, they have considerable space between them. I think you want to avoid switching it up like this
i knew someone was going to say that

there is a BPM change, so the distance snap is actually halved

i'm storyboarding a "slow down!" thing where it tells the player "dude, slow down pls"

then a speed up part

also, thanks for the suggestions they helped a lot; i'll upload soon

im thinking about skinning it too o__o
LuigiHann
The insane is pretty insane, so I just watched it in the editor, but it looks like something that a good player could play. So.... bubble.

That's what I would say, but you're still working on adding stuff. Still, if Hard mode is mapped as nicely as Normal, I don't foresee too many issues. Let me know when you're done and I'll bubble it.
Card N'FoRcE
Timing:
To me Offset is good at -6 ms. 0 is a little late.

Easy:
01:11:37 (1) - is too closer

Other than that i don't see any big issues
Topic Starter
ash
Alright. It's all done and ready for modding!

I even storyboarded a bit of it. I should do that more often o 3o
Topic Starter
ash
NEVERMIND DON'T RANK IT OR BUBBLE IT OR ANYTHING

I have to make another difficulty ):
Cyclone
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
ash
[Insane] is now [Impossible]

I had changed the size, but other people modded it via #osu, and they said it was way too small. The overall difficulty is fine too... I mean, it's 4.99 stars right? o 3o
As for the timing, both yours and peppy's sound right, but I'm going to go with peppy's because I don't feel like changing the timing on every map. :<

okay so it's completely done
download the map again instead of just updating

new skin elements and stuff
LuigiHann
I said I'd bubble it and it doesn't look like your new difficulties ruin anything so I'm bubbling it.
Cyclone
I can't really see any problems, so it's Ranked.

Nice storyboarding too :)
mm201
Thank you so much for putting that M in the center of your skinned spinners. I make small circles so I need to know where the center is so it actually spins!

So many custom skins leave nothing but empty space in the centers of the spinners, I can't stand it! >:(