forum

Garnet Crow - Mysterious Eyes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jmaeshawn
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, September 04, 2008 at 3:35:29 PM

Artist: Garnet Crow
Title: Mysterious Eyes
Source: Detective Conan
BPM: 133
Filesize: 17020kb
Play Time: 01:35
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (3.65 stars, 133 notes)
  2. Hard (4.53 stars, 163 notes)
Download: Garnet Crow - Mysterious Eyes
Download: Garnet Crow - Mysterious Eyes (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my seventh beatmap. I feel I keep getting better at mapping as I go on. :)
This is my second favorite opening from Detective Conan (opening #7), and one of my favorite singers in general.

I tried some new things in here (like I think this is the first map with a custom comboburst.png), but still beatspaced well, and the timings are good too. :) (I think anyways!)

Post below to let me know if you see anything that needs fixed, and have fun playing this song!!!

EDIT1: Adjusted the offsets and bpm according to Sinistro's posted suggestions. Thank you for all the help! And thanks to Dipsy for the star! :D
mm201
Nice song, good spacing, and good timing.

Some of the out-of-sequence stacked notes were confusing. The spontaneously slower phrase markers midway were quite strange to run into. I'd suggest only changing their speed if you're mapping a song that actually goes into a slower (or at least more quiet) section.

It was sort of short, and the patterns were simple--mostly just straight lines.

deepsea
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Sinistro
Interesting trick with the different timing sections to manipulate slider speed. I'm guessing (one of) your goal(s) was to make that vertical slider equal to the height of the screen. I'd have thought something like that would mess the map's timing up, but you pull it off by having only sliders in it. However, the slider ticks, of course, sound completely off. This is a first for me (and maybe for osu), so I don't know how much of an issue this is. I'd like the opinion of other BATs on this particular point.

Supposing this is ok, the offsets need tweaking. I'd also suggest using the same bpms in the slider timing sections across difficulties - no reason to use 38 bpm in one and 42 in the other, for example. UPDATE: With 42 and 63 bpm for the two sections, I get:

I don't think I see any other issue.
MaxwellDemon
No issue here... except for the bit I mentioned in irc, which can't be fixed. Sooo, bubbled!
mtmcl
+1 ranked map.