forum

Meguro Masashi - Burn My Dread (Persona 3 OP)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Leniad
Persona 3 is an RPG for the PS2 that has a really awesome opening.
Osu! is a rhythm game for the PC that enjoys really awesome music.

2 + 2 = http://osu.ppy.sh/d/151

(btw: it's my first beatmap, so be nice ;))
Fraeon
The BPM seems okay, but the offset needs a bit working. Also, work on the beat placing. When you're bombarded by beats before the song has properly even begun, there's a problem. Start it from where the singing starts for example, so that the player has time to get used to the song before they're expected to react.

Also, have an easy version for those that are rhythmically handicapped.
Egg1991
OMG sorry, I was making this exact same song at the same time: =http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=596 Try it out!
Anyway I love yours too, especially the beginning. Since I couldn't get it to play right, I just started where the lyrics start but i think you got it down.

Anyway, that's only half of the song. The full version was on a remix OST that I bought, it has a second part to it. PM me if you want it.

Also, who's Meguro Masashi? Is that the composer? My CD insert has "川村ゆみ" ("Yumi Kawamura") as the artist.
Extor
The beatmap is almost perfect in my opinion, but you should check some places where the spaces between notes in the same combo don't reflect the time between them. There are only a few places. One example could be the space in 0:02:65.

Other than that, great job!

</paste>
Topic Starter
Leniad

Fraeon wrote:

The BPM seems okay, but the offset needs a bit working. Also, work on the beat placing. When you're bombarded by beats before the song has properly even begun, there's a problem. Start it from where the singing starts for example, so that the player has time to get used to the song before they're expected to react.

Also, have an easy version for those that are rhythmically handicapped.
I felt the BPM and offset were right, in this song it's a bit hard to follow the main beat, so it might be confusing you. Then again, it might be confusing me :P I can wait for more opinions on that.

I really liked the placing I came up for the start, that's why I didn't want to start it from where the singing starts. After the first time you play the song you shouldn't have any problems with it.

I didn't feel the beatmap was hard enough to warrant an easier version. Then again, if someone else thinks so too, I can try to make one.

Egg1991 wrote:

OMG sorry, I was making this exact same song at the same time: =http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=596 Try it out!
Anyway I love yours too, especially the beginning. Since I couldn't get it to play right, I just started where the lyrics start but i think you got it down.

Anyway, that's only half of the song. The full version was on a remix OST that I bought, it has a second part to it. PM me if you want it.

Also, who's Meguro Masashi? Is that the composer? My CD insert has "川村ゆみ" ("Yumi Kawamura") as the artist.
Your post is three hours later than mine ;)

Not that it matters... your song is indeed the uncut version, so it's practically a different song. (Your beatmap could be the "long version" ;))

I used the cut version because it's the one that synchronizes with the opening video, that I included. That, and I feel it was too long otherwise.

Thanks for the compliments! I played your beatmap just a bit, and I like some of the placements, but the timing is a bit hard on me, cuz I'm already accustomed to mine :P. I'll try to pass yours later.

Meguro Masashi... no idea, it was on the mp3 file tag :P

Extor wrote:

The beatmap is almost perfect in my opinion, but you should check some places where the spaces between notes in the same combo don't reflect the time between them. There are only a few places. One example could be the space in 0:02:65.

Other than that, great job!
Thanks for the compliments!

I tried to pay attention to spacing = timing in the song.
The places were I didn't completely follow that rule is where I thought it'd make the placement look better... for example, the space that you point to in the beginning, it looks nicer being symmetric, and after playing through the song once or twice, you'll remember you have to follow the guitar, so I think it's fair to bend the rules a little to make it look nicer. If you see any other places (or you strongly think I should change the beginning :P) then I'll look into it.
Extor
It's ok then... It isn't necessary to change it then.

But I'll encourage you to make an easier version of it. Please. :mrgreen:
Topic Starter
Leniad
Alright, you win, I made an easy version :P

I updated the osz.
DJ Tomoe
The correct artist is Shoji Meguro and Yumi Kawamura.
peppy
This is good to go. I reuploaded with a 1.5second lead-in on the normal/hard difficulty (now that lead-in is supported :)), but otherwise didn't make any changes.

Good job.
[deleted user]
Broken video file? Osu gives me a codec error, but GSpot (examines video files for data) says the entire filesize is "unneeded."

EDIT: Works fine in Windows Media Player, Zoom Player, etc, can't figure out why it wouldn't work in Osu though ;x
peppy
osu! only uses DirectShow codecs. Make sure you have ffdshow or equivalent installed and setup to handle the codec this video is encoded in. Make sure under the "DirectShow" section of ffdshow configuration that you are not limiting the applications it can be used in.