forum

Clocks [Easy] Ranking/Replay Inconsistancy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ruduen
The title pretty much says it all. I've done the map a couple of times, but looking at the ranking confused me since I had done a FC on it, but didn't even get half the top score, which had no mods. I watched it normally, and the top replay stops at around 7,000 score-wise, despite it saying the score's at 110,396. Watching it at 2x replay gives it a slightly higher score, at around 10,000. Then, for some reason, I tried setting it at 2x and turning to it near the end, since I had swapped to a different window as it played. As a result, the score was at 47,000 during the break in the song, and hits near 87,000 at the very end. So, the replay itself is constantly odd depending on how you watch it. It probably has something to do with the spinners, since the replay seems to fail or succeed at it differently through the replays.

Just something that I thought was really weird and should probably be fixed.
Saturos
Considering this map only has 17 total hits, it's completely understandable that the scores can vary a great deal due solely to spinner bonus.

Also note that spinners are always inconsistant in replays due to quite a few things: computer specs/resolution is was played on, your specs/resolution, speed of which it was spun, etc. It may be worth bringing up again, but I'm not sure much can be done about it.
mm201
It sounds like a flaw in the way replays are recorded--that they're macros whose results can vary based on the machine/configuration playing them. In replays, spinners should be assigned constant bonus values which are added to the score the same way every time, rather than relying on the macro to spin it up to where it's supposed to go.

The same could be said for regular circles. In theory, if you touched right on the edge of a circle and it counted, it may be considered an X in your replay. (In theory. Maybe this doesn't happen or has already been fixed. I dunno.)
peppy
Its not the recording but the playback. This is a low priority fix, meaning it will work someday, but live with it until then :).