forum

Burn My Dread - Persona 3 Theme Song

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Egg1991
This is a beatmap I made for Burn My Dread, the theme song for Persona 3. It's probably one of the best games I've ever played, so if you can find a copy, get it, as long as children committing mass amounts suicide doesn't bother you.

...wait, that came out wrong...

Anyway here it is:
http://osu.ppy.sh/d/142
UPDATE: I romanized the artist's name, flipped some notes that were too far apart.
UPDATE 2: I added a bit to the beginning and replaced the break with some easy easy notes.
UPDATE 3: I added more to the beginning, fixed spacing and moved a few notes. I think it's pretty much done now!
UPDATE 4: I added double taps instead of sliders and added a lead-in.
Fraeon
The timing seemed okay from what I could tell, but ehm, tried holding ALT while placing beats?

The beat placing seems very very random, which even makes some easy parts hard to play. Also, while placing beats on top of each other, don't go mad and place 10 or 20 of them.

Oh, and romanize the artist name. Otherwise the sorting pukes and doesn't show it in the listing, unless you choose "all".

EDIT: And an easy version would be nice, of course.
Topic Starter
Egg1991
I didn't use alt, but every note in a combo is spaced based on their timing (via the snap grid). Also, I have no idea what you mean by 10 or 20 beats on top of each other in a row. This is sounding suspiciously like the first version of my song where I placed the beats at random or on top of each other, just to get the beat down, but that wasn't the finished version so I didn't upload it. Maybe it didn't save properly... Anyway try it now, it might be better.
Extor
The beatmap is almost perfect in my opinion, but you should check some places where the spaces between notes in the same combo don't reflect the time between them. There are only a few places. One example could be the space in 0:02:65.

Other than that, great job!
Topic Starter
Egg1991
Thnx so much, I tried to keep it perfect within combos, but I might have messed up. I'll fix it up.

Also, my bad, I don't know who started first but someone else is making the exact same song:
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=594

EDIT: Wait...what?! 0:02:65? There aren't any notes two seconds in, and there aren't 65 seconds in a minute... what part are you talking about again?
Extor
ROFL! :lol:

Sorry about that, I was posting in the wrong thread about the same song... XD

Yours is the "uncut" one then... I didn't see anything wrong on this one then... those comments are going to the other thread though.

Great job!
Ivalset

Damn that's long.
Jean_old
I really wish I was a mod so I could vote this one for being ranked. I LOVE it! I think the timing on beats it really well done.

I just got Persona 3 a week or so ago and it's damn amazing. This song is one of my favourites.. I had no idea there was a longer version, so thanks for the mp3 : > do you by chance have the rest of said remix OST?
Topic Starter
Egg1991
Thanks so much! I loved the game too. If you want, PM me and I'll give you the mp3s of the CD. http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8l-49-en-70-1wlk.html This is where I got it from.

Anyway I also updated it again.
awp
I really don't see any major problems with this. Some of the slider jumps are a bit unpredictable (or were from me) so I'll take a lot at it internally, but from a Play Mode perspective this is pretty damned good.
awp

awp wrote:

Some of the slider jumps are a bit unpredictable (or were from me) so I'll take a lot at it internally
Aha, I know what was bothering me. Those really short sliders...I tried adjusting a couple of them to stretch to the half note and that made it flow a little better, but the slider ended after that double-note sound. So then I tried getting rid of that slider in favour of a double tap, and in my opinion it has a nicer feel to it. Also, you have those short silders snapped right to the tick, but it sounds like it's actually coming just a shred of a second later. I'd like to know what everyone else thinks of the tiny sliders, because I see/hear/feel nothing else in this song that should feasably prevent it being ranked.
Extor
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Egg1991
Updated it again for probably the last time unless someone tells me it needs real fixing. I added an normal level version, and in the hard one the notes start right at the beginning now. I read in the changelog that as of today you can add a lead-in time for songs that start quickly. I want to add that, so how do I? I don't see it anywhere. Was the changelog updated early?
peppy

Egg1991 wrote:

Updated it again for probably the last time unless someone tells me it needs real fixing. I added an normal level version, and in the hard one the notes start right at the beginning now. I read in the changelog that as of today you can add a lead-in time for songs that start quickly. I want to add that, so how do I? I don't see it anywhere. Was the changelog updated early?
I update the changelog daily but public releases are less frequent. If there is no build number next to the date in the changelog, it has not been released yet. Should be up tonight or tomorrow :).
Topic Starter
Egg1991
Okay, THIS update might be the last one. I didn't notice awps post before, but I agree, it sounds much better with double taps. I never noticed in edit mode but in play mode it sounds off. I added a lead-in and I think it's done!
awp
I can't find a reason not to rank this. Let's see if anyone else can.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Looks good to me! I say rank it.
awp
SHAZAM!

Rank.
Jean_old
Finally! @_@