forum

403 - Northern Lights (Feedback Requested)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GaoGaiGar
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, September 07, 2008 at 12:34:16 PM

Artist: 403
Title: Northern Lights
Tags: 403 Northern Lights GaoGaiGar
BPM: 190.46
Filesize: 4449kb
Play Time: 03:55
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard? I don't know.. (1.78 stars, 193 notes)
Download: 403 - Northern Lights
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Heh, how do I say this...

This started out as a little thing I did to pass the time and escalated into this really huge thingummy of sorts that just sorta absorbed me. It took me a while to make this, really.

Now all I need is feedback. I probably suck, but I need someone to tell me this first before I actually believe it. So post anything at all. Anything. Really.

Let's see if it updates this time
Topic Starter
GaoGaiGar
Bump~
Sorry for the double-post, but there's a bit of trouble here.
When I play this on Osu! Multiplayer, after I press Start, the game sorta freezes at "Waiting For Player", and the song only starts when the other player's status becomes "Quit". Why does this happen?
Mogsy
I'll edit this with a detailed mod post later, but this needs a lot of fixing. A LOT.

The BPM is definitely wrong. The correct video doesn't start until later. The repeated sliders are, well, unnecessary.
Topic Starter
GaoGaiGar
Well, this is only my decond map, and I've come to believe that the Help forum is devoid of life.

The videos I found all use the shortened version of the song, and so the video ends before the song, and it looked kinda....awkward, so I just used Southern Cross. There also seems to be no music video of the song, so I was at a loss of what to put. I'll update it with a still picture, then.

The BPM seemed right. Well, I didn't know that much about Snap Division when I started, so in order to compensate, I used x4 the BPM for placing beats, then used the regular BPM for Sliders (aside fromt he small ones)

Anyways, what I'm getting is that I used too many sliders? Or did you mean Spinners? I sorta agree with the Spinners, but it matches the song. So yea, I guess I should cut back.

Also, a series of problems are happening. Firstly, the video background remains. Parts of it can be seen in the space under and above the picture that's supposed to replace it. How do I remove a background? Next up is the updating. I decided to raise the HP drain because I felt the song was getting too easy. I also raised the overall difficulty by two notches, maybe 1, I don't recall. Anyways, the new Star Level is 4, but it's being displayed as 2 on the forums.

Seriously, I'm a noob and I need help.
Dranoel
Rats! Beat me to it.

If you can't figure out how to change something through OSU, open up the file in Notepad, or preferably the other program Notepad++. The code is intuitive. Just find the line with an image file in it and delete it. If you screw something up somehow, you can always download the version kept online.

BTW That's the video for Southern Cross. Here's the video for Northern Lights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee2PH0HeGk4

Remember that a whole section of the song is cut out of Clairvoyance's video. You'll need to edit that part out or not include the video at all.
Topic Starter
GaoGaiGar

Dranoel wrote:

Remember that a whole section of the song is cut out of Clairvoyance's video. You'll need to edit that part out or not include the video at all.
Haha, that's why I changed to a still picture. Thanks for the notepad trick, I removed the video now~

But it still says 1.76 stars down here on the forum...how do I go about updating it?
Pineapple Sam
THe difficulty seems closer to normal than hard, and if you reduced the hitpoint drain I think it'd be right on normal level. For hard you could do some neat things with sliders, and I feel that the sliderfrom 03:44:68 onwords could benifit from being replaced with LOTS of sliders! Then again: I do have a preference for lots of notes rather than a harsh HP drain.
Mogsy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Topic Starter
GaoGaiGar
Bah, just Graveyard it. I think I'm getting better, though. Slowly. So what I'm getting is that I should improve my spacing skills, and to use snap divisors instead of quadrupling the BPM.

I don't feel like Redoing it. Graveyard :/
Mogsy
Graveyarded, then.