forum

Matchbox Twenty - Mad Season

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, September 08, 2008 at 1:34:45 AM

Artist: Matchbox Twenty
Title: Mad Season
BPM: 85
Filesize: 7112kb
Play Time: 01:32
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.73 stars, 48 notes)
  2. Normal (3.01 stars, 227 notes)
  3. Hard (4.41 stars, 312 notes)
Download: Matchbox Twenty - Mad Season
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I think I have a pretty solid timing for the first section (although my idea of good timing is admittedly pretty weak) but I definitely need help on the later sections, as far as I can tell.

Updated with some timing help from Ivalset, but I probably need some more precise offsets for the later parts. I think I'll only map one more verse after the part where my map currently ends, since the rest is all kind of redundant.

Thanks to Ivalset and Peppy for timing help. Normal mode is now more or less complete.

Hard mode and Easy mode are finished. Time for the mods to mod. :D

Updated with AWP's offsets
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
I guess I used up my bump... quota, but since this is finished I'm bumping it manually. >_>
Donjo
Hi! :D I figured that since nobody has replied to this, that I'll take a look.

I found nothing wrong with easy, so good stuff there.

Normal:
00:24:53(2): This note is late, but it is impossible to fix using 1/4 division. Shift it 1/6 backward instead.
00:25:47(3,4): 3 is 1/6 of a beat late. I didn't know what to do with 4 because it doesn't seem to correspond to anything within the song, so I just bumped it 1/6 back along with 3.
00:43:00(1): I don't know what to do with this. If left alone, where it turns around is late compared to the word "I". If I shorten it, the last note sounds early. Perhaps this shouldn't be a repeating slider?
00:49:59(2,3,4,5,6): Move 2 and 3 back 1/6 of a beat. Yes, the gap between 2 and 3 is larger :D. Additionally, move 4,5, and 6 all back 1/6 of a beat.
00:59:35(1,2): If you are meaning to map to the background drums here, shift 1 and 2 1/6 back.
01:08:53(6): Shift this guy 1/6 back so it fits with the lyrics better.
02:10:27(6): See above.

12 minutes later...
now for Hard:
00:42:88(1): Lengthen this slider by 1/6 of a beat.
00:46:29(5,6): Shift both 1/6 forward.
00:49:59(1,3): Lengthen 1 by 1/6 of a beat, but shift 3 1/4 back(yay a non 6th fix XD)
01:41:39(2): Take this one, switch to 1/6, and simply snap backwards.
02:09:46(4,5,6,7,8): I'm confused here. 4-7 obviously don't follow the lyrics. Did you do this on purpose? As for 8, shift it 1/6 back.

See? Hard had less problems XD

One last note: Remember to fix spacing where it's needed after looking at these.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Talked a bit in IRC and I think I prefer it as it is, since most of the beats follow a steady beat instead of trying to match the somewhat unpredictable lyrics. Switching divisors might be more accurate but I think it'd be confusing for the player.
awp
rawr rawr rawr offset bitching season is now open

1: 1593
2: 72170
3: 88914
4: 122790

The maps themselves are fine though
Ivalset
Did I bubble this?

I think I did.

Each map looks fine, the only problem I saw might have been sliiightly off timings but it appears that awp has nailed that shit or something so if the timing is off it's his fault. Otherwise the maps are super high quality as expected
Sinistro
I caught some slightly off timing in the third section, but it was explained to me in irc that it's not enough to affect gameplay detrimentally.

So...Ranked! Great maps.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Hooray!
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Fixing symbol. Was still a bubble for some reason.

Download: MAK & SAK feat. XANA - Indecent (Nightcore Mix) (eldnl) [RPG's Normal].osu