forum

Ben Folds Five - Army

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zeek
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, May 04, 2009 at 8:30:26 PM

Artist: Ben Folds Five
Title: Army
BPM: 170
Filesize: 4303kb
Play Time: 03:15
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.88 stars, 88 notes)
  2. Hard (4.3 stars, 327 notes)
  3. Normal (2.06 stars, 184 notes)
Download: Ben Folds Five - Army
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Off of their last album together is "Army." It's a pretty catchy tune and I enjoy it. Though, Folds says the dreaded "F word" in the first few seconds.

Update 1: Added 1/8 snap to get a few notes that wouldn't line up properly under 1/6.
Update 2: Added a "Normal mode."
Update 3: Fixed most of the bugs present in Normal mode, and also fixed a few more timing issues with osmeo f the beats in Hard. I plan on adding Easy mode to this next (I'll bump the topic then, as it'll probably be awhile), and I might do a Very Hard mode, since I see a few spots where it can be added. Anyone out there test this yet?...
Update 4: Added an Easy difficulty. I also made a try at a spinner, but the outline I used on the rim got messed up a bit (you'll see if you play it). So, any feedback at all on this?...
Update 5: I've begun customizing the countdown using samples from various Folds songs. Yeah, it sounds awful (mainly due to background noises). Though, I'm leaving it in for now, in hopes it'll somehow spark some activity in this topic other than myself. If anything, I'll keep working on a full image set for both the countdown and the beats. I think I may have flubbed something up by accident (put it back to 1/6 beat snap by mistake). Anyway, please, give me feedback. I at least want to know if I'm actually somewhat good at this.
Update 6: Thanks for replying. I've touched up the spacing on all modes into a better state (hopefully). Any more feedback would be appreciated!
Update 7: Hard mode, I believe, is complete. Normal is currently borked, so don't bother with that.
Update 8: Added even more to Hard mode and patched up normal.
Update 8.1: Forgot to tone down the HP drain, and fixed 1:50 of Hard mode.
Update 9: Fixed a few timing errors and spacing in Hard.
Update 10: Compressed the various countdown files into mp3. In the last update, I also removed the video, due to the syncing constantly getting off. Also in this release, I've updated the color scheme to the combos. Someone, please, review so I at least know I'm donig this right!
1/21/09:[Hard Mode]
0:12:896 Timing issue
0:33:895 Slider Added
0:44:905 Slider Added
01:16:441 Beat added
01:30:554 - 01:31:579 Drum intro added
01:39:492 Spacing for the fourth
01:53:253 Timing
02:29:790 Timing
02:57:817 Timing on both 1st and 2nd
And compressed the wavs into mp3s and updated the description. Someone out there wanna check this out?
1/30/09
Fixed the timing overall. I do believe the timing is correct now, instead of being slightly off. The last thing left to do is update Normal's band section. Easy has been updated entirely and everything else* has been resnapped/checked. Review, please?... *Bah, Hard had issues that I somehow missed.
3/29/09
Finished normal mode. Again, could an explaination of what MetalMario201 means exactly? I checked the FAQ and nothing of what these numbers could mean. I know it obiovusly has something to do with the timing, but I don't know where exactly to put the new values. Like all at the beginning, or when I feel the tempo gets off? I would like to fix my timing and use MetalMario201's suggestions!
4/5/09
Added MM's timing. Only Hard has the changes, however. Is there an easy way to copy and paste the changes to each difficulty without having to retype things in?
4/17/09
Fixed up hard more. Again, is there any way to easily copy and paste timing between difficulties?
4/19/09
Fixed up all modes with adding the timing in from hard on all of them (did the open in notepad). Resnapped all notes, used distance snap, all that good stuff. Comments?
5/4/09
Fixed easy in a few places.
Topic Starter
Zeek
Could a Mod resurrect this topic? Since no one seems to bother with replying to this topic for feedback on it, I'm going to push forth with a submit into the pending forms. I believe the map is pretty good and don't understand why no one bothered to at least say something on it (despite this topic getting views that weren't myself).

I know "people have lives" etc etc as stated in the rules, but plenty of topics submitted everyday get replies more often than this beatmap ever did.
minyeob
OK I'll check it..........

BPM:87.2
Offset:6,373

I think this is your first beatmap.
Watch this http://peppy.chigau.com/Beat%20Spacing.jpg
Your beatspacing is not good.

Topic Starter
Zeek
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mm201
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Zeek
Not wanting to sound like an idiot, but what exactly do you mean to map to those values? Do you mean at some points during the song I should redo the tempo? Sorry, I'm still new at the editor and the terminology behind it.

I'm not done with this map yet, I just haven't had the time to sit back with it. :)
mm201
Topic Starter
Zeek
My question was pertaining to where to add those. As I have no real idea where the tempo starts to change and whatnot. Again, I'm not too savy yet at what goes where with this editor and whatnot.
Topic Starter
Zeek
Anyone willing to explain, or is it detailed in the FAQ somewhere? I looked in the editing part and didn't see anything related to it.

EDIT: Crap, now I feel like an idiot. What I didn't understand was what the offset really meant, but now I found out. An edited version using your timing will appear in a few minutes.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.