forum

Error

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
userpr
When I try running osu I get the following error:

An error has occurred. Please report this in the forums along with any more information you can provide!

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.NoSuitableGraphicsDeviceException: Could not find a Direct3D device that has a Direct3D9-level driver and supports pixel shader 1.1 or greater.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CheckForAvailableSupportedHardware()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.ChangeDevice(Boolean forceCreate)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.IGraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at osu.Program.Main()
I'm not really sure as to why I'm getting this error. I have DirerctX 9 so that shouldn't be a problem. My computer is kind of bad so that might have something to do with it.

Here are some of my specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz
RAM: 256MB
Video Card: NVIDIA Vanta/Vanta LT
awp
Sounds like your GPU driver might be out of date. Try going to the manufacturer's website and download the latest driver for your videocard. Sounds like that should fix the error.
peppy
Unfortunately your graphics card has no support for shader model 1.0+ (ie. its ancient). You should think about upgrading it sometime ;). osu! will not run on hardware prior to ~2002 era, sorry!