forum

Lag during songs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
beastrn
On certain songs when it gets pretty active my game pretty much freezes, chokes, lags, whatever you can call it.

My computer specs are fine (Crysis High 60fps), and I've disabled nearly every option, enabled them, but during certain songs it still cuts out and in when it gets busy.

Any ideas? I've tried setting the affinity to 1 core as I'm using duel core cpu, but this didn't help either obviously.

I don't think any exterior programs are affecting osu, I've tried a cold boot with everything in startup off, still the same problems.

Using latest nvidia drivers, directx, etc.

Most songs are fine but there are quite a few that lag/stutter.

Any ideas?
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
beastrn
Thanks for the response peppy.

No, pretty much every song that has any sort of action. I've tested pretty much every song I have on normal/hard mode, and they all lag once it gets tough.

That's with videos disabled and enabled, and songs with video and without video.

I happens mostly with the slider bars, but also happens just with the normal symbols.

While playing songs that lag, cpu usage stays around 18%-25%

for instance on READY STEADY GO Hard - on the slider bars, the song gets starts crackly, cuts out, rewinds, symbols/sliders dissapear, etc.

If this isn't a normal problem then it must be something on my end, just not sure what.
peppy
If the SOUND is playing up, this is definitely an audio hardware problem. Updating your sound card drivers will 80% solve this, so give that a try first. Check your manufacturer's website for the absolute latest version, not just what windows update offers.