forum

CERN was hacked

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Echo
Pokebis
Geez, I can't believe people care that much!
I could see doing it for the lulz as a more legitimate reason than this. :|
Loginer
It's the biggest fucking science project in the history of the planet, and they let themselves get hacked this easily? ...OK, maybe it will create a black hole.

Also, what the hell were they thinking? "Web page server... Ultra-important control network... CONNECT TEH DOTZ!!1! ;3"

Finally, THIS is why they should keep these projects secret from idiots/normal people (As in "It's for a small science test, nothing important", not as in "We're SO not building a 20km huge metal torus, mkay? <_<").
Topic Starter
Echo
When will people learn not to connect vital systems to the internet?
Pokebis
If people stopped telling the general public about these things this green/conservationist/ZOMG GLOBAL WARMINGZ crap wouldn't happen. I'm blaming the rap video.
lukewarmholiday
OMFG WE ARE COLLIDING SOME PARTICLES SO CLOSE TOGETHER THAT THEY WILL BE AS CLOSE AS BLACK HOLE PARTICLES WILL BE, WE ARE GOING TO BLOW UP THE WORLDZ WITH JUST SOMEMOTHERFUCKING PARTICLES AND ALSO DESTROY OUR UNDERSTANDING OF BLACK HOLES AS WE KNOW THEM JESUS CHRIST.

I'm starting to get pissed off at how fucking retarded people are.

In all honestly you'll have better luck throwing pizza ingredients across a football field and making a pizza out of them(cooked and everything >.>) then the large hadron collider fucking our existence.

Fucking hacking their network while they are testing is also a brilliant idea.

FFS, steven fucking hawking is probably laughing at the people worrying, I honestly could see a news headline "Steven Hawking finally dies from laughing at LHC Doomsday Theorists "

Finally, THIS is why they should keep these projects secret from idiots/normal people (As in "It's for a small science test, nothing important", not as in "We're SO not building a 20km huge metal torus, mkay? <_<").
indeed

Edit: yes in my rage i posted info off the top of my head sue me, but fucking seriously we have no fucking goddamn reason to worry
SoupNBread

lukewarmholiday wrote:

OMFG WE ARE COLLIDING 2 PARTICLES SO CLOSE TOGETHER THAT THEY WILL BE AS CLOSE AS 2 BLACK HOLE PARTICLES WILL BE, WE ARE GOING TO BLOW UP THE WORLDZ WITH JUST 2 MOTHERFUCKING PARTICLES AND ALSO DESTROY OUR UNDERSTANDING OF BLACK HOLES AS WE KNOW THEM JESUS CHRIST.

I'm starting to get pissed off at how fucking retarded people are.

In all honestly you'll have better luck throwing pizza ingredients across a football field and making a pizza out of them(cooked and everything >.>) then the large hadron collider fucking our existence.

Fucking hacking their network while they are testing is also a brilliant idea.

FFS, steven fucking hawking is probably laughing at the people worrying, I honestly could see a news headline "Steven Hawking finally dies from laughing at LHC Doomsday Theorists "
QFT
SBKT
I feel the need to beat someone to death when they use QFT. It also implies every other person is an idiot too and can't find the damn thing if their life depended on it. It'd be better to write "I agree".

Come on.

Yeah, I really doubt there's gonna be much of a negative effect. A large step with relatively low risks which would end up even advancing science and engineering decades. I'm for it.