forum

Muse - Unintended

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Puffles
I really love this song, so I decided to make a level for it. Since it's a really slow ballad, I think I'm only going to do an Easy version of it. Hope there's no problem with that!

Easy Mode Version 3:

http://osu.ppy.sh/d/149

To Mods: check out the edit page for this beatmap! I can't seem to get the sliders to go perfectly with the beat. The song is synced perfectly, and you can even see on the timeline that the sliders are falling ever so short of the actual programmed BPM!
peppy

Puffles wrote:

To Mods: check out the edit page for this beatmap! I can't seem to get the sliders to go perfectly with the beat. The song is synced perfectly, and you can even see on the timeline that the sliders are falling ever so short of the actual programmed BPM!
Woah... I'm surprised this has gone unnoticed. Probably due to the slow BPM - I'll look into it tonight and definitely get it fixed.

Edit: Very nice quiet and soothing beatmap :D. I feel as though the offset might be slightly late? Though that could just be the PC I'm on at the moment.
peppy
Try this one. The problem was in the editor and will be fixed tonight. You should be able to view and modify this one fine for now as long as you don't touch the sliders!

Download: Muse - Unintended (Puffles) [Easy].osu
Topic Starter
Puffles

peppy wrote:

Puffles wrote:

Woah... I'm surprised this has gone unnoticed. Probably due to the slow BPM - I'll look into it tonight and definitely get it fixed.

Edit: Very nice quiet and soothing beatmap :D. I feel as though the offset might be slightly late? Though that could just be the PC I'm on at the moment.
You're right, it's supposed to be 14,046. Good ear!

This brings up ANOTHER glitch in the sliders. Listen to the one at the second "one I always love." On the last time across, the drum-roll suddenly stops and starts again.
peppy

Puffles wrote:

On the last time across, the drum-roll suddenly stops and starts again.
Oh yeah.. that's the audio sample looping. I guess I should fix that one eventually... And here I was thinking 8 seconds would be long enough!
Topic Starter
Puffles

peppy wrote:

Puffles wrote:

On the last time across, the drum-roll suddenly stops and starts again.
Oh yeah.. that's the audio sample looping. I guess I should fix that one eventually... And here I was thinking 8 seconds would be long enough!
No, not that. Listen:
http://peppy.chigau.com/files/UnintendedV2.osz

The glitch is in the blue slider, the second "one I always love," right before the break. It's well under 8 seconds, so it's probably not what you're talking about.
peppy
I lied. By 8.. I meant 3.8 seconds. I'll change it over to a proper looping sound tonight.
Topic Starter
Puffles

peppy wrote:

I lied. By 8.. I meant 3.8 seconds.
Bad peppy. :evil:

j/k ^_^
Extor
I like the beatmap. I don't see any problems with it.

Great job!
peppy
Puffles - are you happy to use the version I provided with fixed sliders? if so, I think this can be ranked. If you would like to wait for the next version of osu! to fix the slider lengths yourself, then this can be ranked tomorrow instead :). New version will be up tonight.
eyup
It's a bit on the repetitive side, but other than that I see no reason why it can't be ranked. When Puffles agrees to peppy's changes, this can be added to rankings.
Topic Starter
Puffles
I did some very minor tweaking with it, and uploaded the new file (same filename, with V2 at the end, even though it's Version 3). I can't remember how long ago I did the tweaking, and it might be the same exact file as before. ^^;

Either way, it's the version I want in the game. See if you have any problems with it. I think I made it even easier than it was, but that's sort of the point of this level; it's supposed to be relaxing and calm.

Also, as a suggestion for a future version of osu!: the "soft" sample sounds should have a softer spinner sound to go with them. It's perfect to end this level with a long spinner, but it sorta breaks the mood when you hear the whirrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

P.S. If this is being considered why doesn't it have a pretty blue star next to it? I know it doesn't matter. But. I want a star. Sniff.
Topic Starter
Puffles
Bump, just in case this ^ went unnoticed.

*is too impatient* ^^;
eyup
That's unnecessary, really. It was noted pretty clearly in the Ranking Criteria that you should be patient because there are few mods for many beatmaps. Clamouring for attention isn't going to win you any favours around here... :(

In any case, I don't see any difference from the previous version, which is bad because I've wasted another 5MB of download limit, but good because the previous version was solid already. If another mod approves, this can be added to rankings.

But please be patient - we try our best to keep up and that's all we can do - try ;)
Topic Starter
Puffles
OK, sorry.
peppy
Ranked!
Gemi
Requesting an offset change for this beatmap. I changed from my regular +17ms global offset to +60ms global offset for this song, and I still had to hit each note late to get a 300.

EDIT: After further testing it seems to be about 60ms late, since it felt right at about +80ms global.
Mashley
Download broken?
GildedAdonis
Timing on this song is terrible. Great song, not-terrible mapping, but the timing kills it. If you are going to have a song thats so slow with such a focus on the song then make sure the timing is correct please.
Jarby

GildedAdonis wrote:

Timing on this song is terrible. Great song, not-terrible mapping, but the timing kills it. If you are going to have a song thats so slow with such a focus on the song then make sure the timing is correct please.
This map is from over 3 years ago. Standards were different back then, but old maps remain ranked as a reminder. Or something.