forum

Mute the whistle

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Wolf_old
Hello,
It would be great if it were possible to mute the darn whistle. It is way too loud and gets annoying sometimes... no, all the time. I see the use of the finisher, and it sounds great, but the whistle, it just kills my ears. I don't want to turn effects off, since I like to hear all those clicks I make. I would just mute the whistle, as an option, of course.

-- Wolf --
peppy
This request and your other bug makes me think you have some kind of equalizer gonig on ur pc/sound system. The whistle is not blindingly loud for the majority of us, and nor do spinners drop the volume. Can you confirm this before I even consider both your posts? Thanks :)
Topic Starter
Wolf_old
Equalizer? My card does support it, but I keep it off because it causes problem to many games.
Sound Blaster Audigy 4 w/EAX 2.0

I still support the idea of optionally muting seperate special effects, or seperatly adjusting volume (in some advanced options). But if this is a problem, and it can be fixed, I'll be glad to fix it, but would still support this. =P

-- Wolf --
Gilrad
Hmm, maybe Osu has a problem with EAX in general. Anybody use EAX without sound issues?
Topic Starter
Wolf_old
Well, I do use EAX in other games without any problem. Is it possible XNA uses EAX whenever it is available?

-- Wolf --
peppy
Hmm.. maybe it has something to do with the number of sound output channels available. I don't use XNA for any audio operations - it is all done via the BASS audio library.

I'll have a further look into this tonight.. maybe there's something on their forums.