forum

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fou-Lu
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on woensdag 17 september 2008 at 1:09:58

Artist: The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Title: Maps
BPM: 119,99
Filesize: 4465kb
Play Time: 03:01
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (1,53 stars, 116 notes)
Download: The Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Very first time I tried my hand at making a beatmap.
It's not very good, I know. Very basic. I'd appreciate some constructive feedback. :p
Mogsy
All I have to say is that first, there is that sudden difficulty spike. Not good.
Second, it needs more difficulties.
Third, it needs to have at least some usage of distance spacing. Look at 00:33:50 (8, 1), the space between those beats on the grid. Then look at the distance between 00:35:50 (4, 5) on the grid. Both of these parts have the same distance apart on the timeline, but then the spacing on the grid makes it seem different, it can trip people up.
Fourth, I don't like you barely ever going from the straightforward sliders on parts like 00:47:50 (1). It's just not appealing, and completely boring.
Fifth, the random spinners have got to go. Start at 01:10:00 and you'll see what I mean.

Please, remap this. More difficulties, respaced, and not as boring.
Rolled
Your background image is 2290x1638.

Yeah, fuck that.

edit: K went through with modding this, and I was rather impressed. Pretty nice job for your first map (I'm assuming)

Start off with timing now. Use 13980 offset and 119.96 BPM. This works pretty well imo. Afterwards, go to timing-> Resnap all notes on a 1/4 divisor. Hopefully this doesn't get too messy, you may want to use a 1/2 divisor. Either way make sure you double check your map afterwards.

Mog's spacing complain is legit, but other than that one spot nothing bothers me. The rest is spaced fine, even though not 100% loyal to distance snap.

Also I must agree with the spinners. Use them more sparingly. Map out some more of the vocals :)

But this has great potential. Fix up these things and normal and give us another difficulty or two and you will have my star, at the least.