forum

Sean Kingston - Beautiful Girl

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wizard Of Orz
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, October 10, 2008 at 2:55:35 PM

Artist: Sean Kingston
Title: Beautiful Girl
BPM: 130
Filesize: 3389kb
Play Time: 03:38
Difficulties Available:
  1. So Pretty? (3.19 stars, 208 notes)
  2. So beautiful! (4.52 stars, 396 notes)
Download: Sean Kingston - Beautiful Girl
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
3rd map im open to suggestions

ok dawn went to ure timing

added normal

fixed dawns thoughts on this

fixed sins and edited out the crap at the end

extended so pretty

ive been hearing lots of criticism but no help >.>
DawnII
Please capitalize Beautiful Girl. Just an aesthetic thing. Full submit when you do.

Timing is not bad, just small changes:

130.00 BPM/4,004 Offset

Your spacing looks good, and the design is interesting. I suggest either lowering the sampleset volume or switching to soft sampleset, it kind of overpowers the song as is right now.
foulcoon
I suggest you change the Song Preview to a more appealing part of the song as well. Going over a song and just hearing "suicidal, suicidal" isn't very nice xD.
Topic Starter
Wizard Of Orz
m980
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
foulcoon

DawnII wrote:

Please capitalize Beautiful Girl. Just an aesthetic thing. Full submit when you do.
Quoted for necessity....

Also: I suggest you cut the other song off the ending of the mp3... thats not part of the song last time i checked?

With that said.

[So pretty?]

Fix m980's stuffs and it sounds good to me.

[So beautiful!]

First of all, I suggest you remove all the short 1/2 breaks.. they're useless... That being said the only breaks should be the long obviously needed break, and the reasonable one at 03:28:00.

01:14:38 (8) - Move forward 2 1/4 ticks on the timeline to match the lyrics please... Adjust spacing accordingly.

02:27:77 (8) - Same as above, apart from the fact that you CAN leave it stacked if you want.
Topic Starter
Wizard Of Orz
i did capitalize beautiful girl and did full submit

+fixes
DawnII
[So Pretty?]
00:35:38 (7) - This ends too far from (1).
00:42:54 (3,4) - I'd prefer if this was a bit further from the end of (2).
00:49:00 (3) - End is too close to (4).
00:51:54 (1) - Too far from (7).
00:54:54 (7) - End is too close to (1).
00:58:23 (6,7) - Maybe move these a bit further from (8,9)?
01:03:08 (3) - I would stack end of this with (4).
01:04:92 (5) - Too far from (4).
01:13:69 (5) - Too far from (6).
01:25:23 (4) - Too far from (3).
01:34:23 (4) - Can be confusing. Consider not stacking with (3).
02:19:46 (3,4) - Same as above.
02:40:92 (1) - Ends a bit far from (2).

[So beautiful!]
00:05:61 (6) - I would keep spacing in a combo consistent.
00:12:08 (2) - Stack this more with the end of (1).
01:42:54 (7) - End closer to (1).
02:05:85 (1) - Stack this combo better if possible?
03:38:15 (1) - Ends too close to (2).

With this difficulty you have a bad habit of keeping spacing inconsistent within a combo. Although I would prefer if the map was consistent throughout, at least keep it the same within a combo.
Sinistro
OPTIONAL: Try to find a background.

So Pretty?
With an intro of 30 seconds, this map doesn't really need a lead-in.
00:42:54 (3,4) - Space these farther drom the slider before them.
00:43:69 (5) - Similarly, space this farther from the two circles above. Up to this point, your spacing has been steady.
00:55:23 (1) - Space this farther, one more circle width. Don't forget to move everything that comes after it to preserve spacing.
01:04:46 (4) - Altough it looks like it falls on the slider's end on the grid, it doesn't in gameplay. Try to fix it.

So Beautiful!
OPTIONAL: Maybe use less claps for the chorus.
You have some tiny breaks that might as well not be there. This effectively gives a playing time of 3 minutes before the first break, which is way too long. Try to put a 5-15 second break roughly in the middle of that period, if possible, and remove the tiny breaks by right clicking on them on the timeline.
00:42:54 (3) - Space this a bit farther from the thing before it.
01:02:85 (1) - Same.
01:14:04 (8) - Make this start 1/4 later and shorten it by 1/2.
01:58:69 (1) - Doesn't match the beat too good. I guess the smallest change I can suggest is to make it longer so it ends on the next red tick? Basically make the shape larger. Watch out for changed spacing!
02:03:77 (7) - Make the end of this overlap the end of 6 better.
02:06:54 (3,4) - Move them right to overlap with the preceding slider better.
02:09:31 (1) - Space this a bit farther from the previous circle.
02:11:15 (4) - Space this farther from the previous slider too.
02:27:88 (8) - Move 1/4 forward.
02:53:61 (1) - Make this start 1/2 later, but finish where it does now.
03:22:92 (1,2,3,4,5) and 03:25:00 (6,7,8) - I'll let you keep the similar case in 02:57:31 (1,2,3), but here you should not stack circles that do not have the same distance between them on the timeline. Thus, you can put 03:23:38 (2,3,4) - on a stack, but not 1 or 5 with them.
03:30:65 (1) - Make this 1/4 shorter.
And...what's with the end of the beatmap - is it even from the same song?! If not, definitely try to cut it in an audio editor, replace it on the beatmap's folder, and do a Full Submit.
Topic Starter
Wizard Of Orz
fixed
Sinistro
So Pretty?
Still has lead in.
03:15:77 (1) - That 36-long combo definitely wasn't there before. Break it down into smaller ones.

So Beautiful!
03:30:65 (1) - Make it start 1/4 later, but end where it does now.

Definitely edit the mp3 and cut out the new song at the end to get this ranked.
Topic Starter
Wizard Of Orz
dude downlaod the new version >.>
Sinistro
For the (Court) Record: Not renaming the fixed mp3 retained the old mp3 in the osz at the time of the previous modding.

All fixed. Bubbled!
awp
According to the drumline/bass guitar the offset is 4030.

If you want to map to the vocals though, the offset is closer to stick plugs in your ears and watch closely because holy shit did he sing this drunk or does he have no rhythm or what the vocals are just ??????????????????

but maybe you should up the offset a bit? idk

Other complaints: Themed sliders look a bit sloppy - take advantage of the multi-point Bezier curves. Spoiler: [So Pretty]00:59:18 (9) - change this slider from catmull to bezier and it looks like a penis and balls

The maps themselves are done well enough, but I think it'd be easier to follow along if you removed Sean Kingston's vocals.

Overall: I really can't make a call on this. Even with the tweaked offset, I have no idea whether this map is rank-worthy or not, because in some spots I'm diggin' it, in others I'm thinking "what the fuck is with the vocals" and they throw me off. I guess the song just repulses me to the point where I can't really make a good call.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.