forum

Chihara Minori - SELF PRODUCER [CatchTheBeat]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dea ex machina
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, July 8, 2021 at 3:32:27 PM

Artist: Chihara Minori
Title: SELF PRODUCER
Source: お兄ちゃんだけど愛さえあれば関係ないよねっ
Tags: anime japanese pop j-pop jpop Oniichan dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne! Onii-chan OniAi Oni-Ai おにあい Opening OP Full Size 姫小路 秋人 Akito 秋子 Nasuhara Anastasia 那須原 アナスタシア Sawatari Ginbei Haruomi 猿渡 銀兵衛 春臣 Nikaidou Arashi 二階堂 嵐 Takanomiya Arisa 鷹ノ宮 ありさ Jinno Kaoruko 神野 薫子 みのりん Minorin こだま さおり Codama Saori 菊田大介 Kikuta Daisuke As Long There's Love It Doesn't Matter If He Is My Brother Right? Himenokouji Alisa fii -wwwww
BPM: 276
Filesize: 10578kb
Play Time: 05:01
Difficulties Available:
  1. Lust (6.31 stars, 1209 notes)
Download: Chihara Minori - SELF PRODUCER
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

思い通りに恋しよう 素直な引力で
ムキになってみたり はしゃいだり
毎日が (ココロ) 急展開
止まらないトキメキで みんな可愛くなれ
予想以上の未来へとセルフプロデュース

Background by すずなりいちご*
Ascendance
:(
Enon
:o
Spectator
:)
Storyboarder
8-)
defiance
Hi, fii asked me to mod startricks diff

[General]
-some things may apply to multiple places
-i'm usually for hitsound consistency, so I would suggest that the standard diff use the applause hitsounds.
-for the ctb diff, the applause sound on 04:01:218 (1) - is way too loud imo, I can barely hear the song with both music & effect at 100%.
-for both diffs, I think doing clap + drum sampleset on stuff like 00:05:784 (2,3) - would be nice to show the different drums

[anime]
ar 9.8 seems a bit too high, I think 9.6 works better
-00:01:653 (4,5,6) - i don't think a slider really fits here, if you listen close enough you can see the guitar has 5 distinct sounds which could be better represented by a stream, and the end of 4 is on a stronger sound (red tick emphasis) so it doesn't necessarily make sense
-00:04:479 (3,1,2) - i don't like how you ignored the drums on 3. I understand that you want to follow the guitar but since the drums in those very few sections overpower the guitar, I think it is better to map the drums at that point. plus starting with a active head on 00:04:697 - would be better because -00:04:805 (1) - should definitely be mapped passively
-00:11:001 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - these are a lot harder than some of the streams in the kiai's due to how much movement you want the player to do, I really think you could try and lessen the zigzag motion of these, or just make it straight/cuved. same applies to 00:29:978 - 00:32:632 (1,2,3,4,5) -
-00:26:979 (3,4,5) - i don't see what 3 sounds can make this stream work, i would just make this a 1/1 slider to match the cymbal crash
-00:30:566 (3,1) - this rhythm makes no sense, 1 doesn't really start on anything, so the reverse doesn't really make any sense
-00:56:218 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - i think this is really underwhelming, should probably make this more spaced because the drums are getting quite louder here
-01:10:132 (2,3,4) - again, really underwhelming. you could easily just move downwards and hit all those sliders. i would do another spaced stream.
-01:39:262 (4,1) - you don't really make any contrast here with the drums, making these circles would help much more to highlight them
-01:39:914 (3) - i really do not understand this reverse, what exactly is this following? you made the downbeat on the actual reverse and the song doesn't really call for a reverse there?
-01:49:045 (2) - this circle is mapped to nothing, the vocal actually ends on 01:49:262 (3) -
-02:42:958 (1,2,3) - this is actually a triple at the full bpm, not half of it
-02:48:718 (2) - since you are mapping the brass instruments this circle doesn't really make sense, and i can't really tell what this is even mapped to
-02:54:914 (3,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - if you didn't end the first 3 on a downbeat, the 1-2-3-1-2-3 would happen and be a lot more clear what you are mapping, making that 1st 3 a 1/2 slider would work better and sounds better (this is probably my biggest concern with the map, and it happens nearly all over the place)
-03:06:871 (3) - making this a circle doesn't really follow the electric guitar, doing something like a 3/2 slider would work better and give contrast
-03:16:055 (1) - i would never recommend ending a spinner on a vocal, please end it on 03:17:305 - and map the vocal because the transition you have now is really awkward
-03:31:653 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - this whole section is extremely confusing because I pretty much don't know what you are following. it seems best to follow the drums but you undermap them quite a bit.
-04:00:132 (1) - again, the drums start on the downbeat, but you end this on the downbeat to follow the vocal which doesn't really make any sense. making this a 1/2 slider would sound better like before
-04:19:262 (1,2,3,4,5) - this is VERY anime, the vocals aren't really loud here, but you space them the same as 04:20:566 (1,2,3) - which have loud instruments, this doesn't really give contrast and the notes on the vocals are pretty unnecessarily spaced, could you nerf it?

so in general, I get that you are trying to do something different than just follow drums because that isn't the most exciting thing. though sometimes you try and do this while the drums are the most prominent part of the song. your design is pretty good, the way you handle intensity is alright. but your rhythm is really confusing and at some parts I don't really know what you are following. I know you mapped this a few months ago but since fii maybe wants to bring it back. I would really suggest thinking about your rhythm choices more in relation to the song.

good luck!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.