forum

Lag makes the game unplayable

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nharox
I used the search but I couldn't find anything useful.

So I have the problem since I formated my hard drive. Never had it before otherwise I wouldn't be in the top ten. :P I experience no lag when I play without "Limit Framerate" but sometimes my cursor gets stuck and I miss the notes. If I turn "Limit Framerate" on the game and the cursor begins to lag what makes the game unplayable for me. Before my formatting I always played with "Limit Framerate" on without any problems. I hope somebody can help me.

BTW my drivers are up-to-date and VSync is off.
peppy
Check task manager to see if anything is stealing your cpu cycles. I suggest you run without limit fps on if you are getting said mouse lag, and then focus on fixing your mouse freezing problem. This is either something stealing your cpu, or mouse drivers, or mouse hardware.
Card N'FoRcE
I've to second Nharox
Lately osu started lag a little randomly and sometimes makes me miss.
Other app on is usually pidgin, and always went without lags
mothball_old
If you use and have updated VLC recently, make sure it's actually closed. Apparently the new version likes to minimize to the tray instead of exiting, and that's what was causing me horrible lag (even with its CPU usage at 0). After killing it from the task manager, my lag disappeared.
Topic Starter
Nharox

peppy wrote:

Check task manager to see if anything is stealing your cpu cycles. I suggest you run without limit fps on if you are getting said mouse lag, and then focus on fixing your mouse freezing problem. This is either something stealing your cpu, or mouse drivers, or mouse hardware.
My PC is "clean" so there is nothing what would steal my cpu. I already tried to reinstall my mouse drivers but that didn't work. I tried other mouses too but then I still have the same issue.

I am perplexed. :o
Topic Starter
Nharox
Ok, even if my mouse doesn't get stuck the game is very sensitive. For example if something happens in the background like someone in MSN is coming online I get a little lag. Ok, I can turn that off but if the chat get many messages I get lag too (the Osu! chat).

I can't play whatever Limit Framerate is on or off. :\
peppy
Did you check task manager?
Topic Starter
Nharox

peppy wrote:

Did you check task manager?
Yes. ~31 processes with Osu!, nothing unusual is running.
peppy
As in keep it open. When osu! lags, glimpse at task manager (which you should have ordered by cpu) and see whta is using highest cpu.
Topic Starter
Nharox
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.