forum

The Dial-up Crusader

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TriptychR
Hi, everyone! It's hard to find games I can actually play on my crap dial-up connection (it's my only choice, unfortunately, living out in the boonies -- unless you want to pay way too much for satellite service), but I was amazed to find I could play osu! and have been addicted ever since. I'm just grateful to have something cool to play online. ^^
MusicFan
Hey there! Welcome to Osu!
Glad you could find something ;)

Dial-up sucks, doesn't it? I remember when I had that...
It would take a day just to get a beatmap at those dowload speeds...
But at least you could make your own ^^
Pokebis
Welcome! I'm glad you could find something!
I can't imagine ever going back to dial up though... :?
Loginer

TriptychR wrote:

(it's my only choice, unfortunately, living out in the boonies -- unless you want to pay way too much for satellite service)
What about DSL, then?
Topic Starter
TriptychR

Loginer wrote:

What about DSL, then?
Unfortunately, Verizon has not made DSL available where I live yet. Apparently it has something to do with my street being on some sort of extension box. Verizon could update it to provide DSL, but they won't.
adam2046
I think music fan is kinda overexagerating about the speed of dial up.
Welcome.
Topic Starter
TriptychR

adam2046 wrote:

I think music fan is kinda overexagerating about the speed of dial up.
Welcome.
Heh, somewhat, yes, bu tnot too much. It took more than three hours for me to download "Can't Defeat Airman" tonight.

...And now that I have, I hate that beatmap. >_>
Pokebis
Ouch....
James
suggestion: go to your friend's house and download every beatmap from there.
Topic Starter
TriptychR
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
adam2046
Tried a download manager?
I have Airman just sitting in the queue at 50% and i'm afraid to complete the download.
Loginer
Download managers work fine. <.<
Topic Starter
TriptychR
Oh, yeah. I use a download manager. The one in Firefox really works just fine. I will download what I can, then pause it and reconnect later. Picks the download up again with no problems. ^_^

And I've gotten good at the first part of Airman, to the point where I can rack up a pretty lengthy combo. However, I can never seem to get it right after the second spinner and then have to watch helplessly as there's five seconds of NOTHING HAPPENING WHATSOEVER and what's left of my bar drains into a fail.
James
yeah, because breaks are not yet implemented before. and airman map is old. older than i am :(