forum

J.P. ROOM - Karate House

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fox
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sonntag, 11. November 2007 at 13:10:05

Artist: J.P. ROOM
Title: Karate House
BPM: 118,87
Play Time: 01:16
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (3,65 stars, 127 notes)
Download: J.P. ROOM - Karate House
---------------
So I'm submitting my first beatmap here. Hope you all like it! Feedback is always appreciated.

It's Karate House from J.P. ROOM, the first song you are playing in the beat-and-rhythm-game "Rhythm Tengoku" for Game Boy Advance.

- - Resubmitting, made some improvements and tried to fix a problem that some people's machine have with the filename, apparently - -
awp
Peculiar song, first of all. Second, it's pretty well mapped. BPM is pretty solid, notes are nicely snapped. Makes for a decent mid-beginner map. You get a gold star.

Actually, we're out of those, so you get a blue one.

Just watch the occasional spacing jumps. It's generally a bad idea to change levels of spacing when the distance between beats is exactly the same. Example: the beat at 19:20. The next beat is only one beat away, but the space is nearly double that.
Topic Starter
Fox

awp wrote:

Just watch the occasional spacing jumps. It's generally a bad idea to change levels of spacing when the distance between beats is exactly the same. Example: the beat at 19:20. The next beat is only one beat away, but the space is nearly double that.
Right, I think I see what you mean... hm, I found plenty of those before I released it, but it seems I still forgot some. Gonna watch out for those.

Thanks for the feedback. 8D
Rod_old
Holy crap, you've GOT to tell me where did you download this song. Or did you just ripped from the original game?

The beatmap is nice, even though i had to turn the Sound Effects no minimum so I could actually hear the song :V
Topic Starter
Fox
Crap, sorry for bumping this. @__@ Might as well answer your question.

Rod wrote:

Holy crap, you've GOT to tell me where did you download this song. Or did you just ripped from the original game?

The beatmap is nice, even though i had to turn the Sound Effects no minimum so I could actually hear the song :V
I just "ripped it myself", that is recording while the song was running on an emulator. ;D

Thanks!
Jay_old
I LOVE that game. I just got my 39th medal on the 6th mix two minutes ago.

(and the beat map is awesome but there is no mp3...)
Topic Starter
Fox

Jay wrote:

I LOVE that game. I just got my 39th medal on the 6th mix two minutes ago.

(and the beat map is awesome but there is no mp3...)
Huh? But in-game, you can hear the song, right?
peppy
Ah, it would seem there are characters in the filename of the mp3 that aren't playing nicely with the zip format :(. Do you think you could change the mp3 filename to something only containing english, then update this in the .osu file on your machine (use notepad for this step, and update the AudioFilename: line).

Remember to check the "force osz upload" tickbox when using the in-game uploader :).

Can't wait to try this one :D.
Topic Starter
Fox

peppy wrote:

Ah, it would seem there are characters in the filename of the mp3 that aren't playing nicely with the zip format :(. Do you think you could change the mp3 filename to something only containing english, then update this in the .osu file on your machine (use notepad for this step, and update the AudioFilename: line).

Remember to check the "force osz upload" tickbox when using the in-game uploader :).

Can't wait to try this one :D.
The song-file's name was "KarateHouse.mp3", so there... shouldn't be any weird characters in it... I changed it to lower-case letters now, though (karatehouse.mp3) and modified the .osu-file too.

(Edit: Oh, and I ticked the "Force OSZ-Upload", too. 8D What exactly does that, btw?)

Also made some improvements, especially for the end of the song! Hopefully you guys can play it now.

Thanks for the help, peppy. ;D
peppy
Aah I think I know the problem.. At the moment, the first time you resubmit using the new upload system (for existing threads) you need to force the osz upload. This only applies when the thread already exists, though!
Extor
You should increase the volume of it because right now you can't hear the actual song.

The beatmap itself is great. But since I can't hear the song (but I remember it) it was a bit difficult to play.

Try to add another difficulty to this song and it goes to the rankings. =D
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.