forum

Beatmap pack download problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dark-insanity13
i've been trying to download the latest beatmap packs, but 47 doesn't seem to want to download properly. originally, the download wouldn't finish (it was frozen), so i cancelled it and tried again. it downloaded instantly (first clue it wasn't going to work), and when i opened up the RAR, i got a message saying "unexpected end of archive", and only one beatmap showed up. delete, try again. after clicking the download link at MediaFire (or whatever the site is), all i get is "Internet Explorer cannot display his webpage".

ha, first problem is using IE, ha. stfu FireFox users.

no matter how many times i seem to refresh it or try, it doesn't seem to work. i'll try again in a few minutes.

on a side note, i get those "Unexpected end of archive" messages on occasion, and have one or two beatmaps missing from the RAR or corrupt. beyond downloading the BMs individually, is there anything else to fix this?
Echo
unexpected end of archive means the file wasn't downloaded 100%, and not necessarily the end (something can be missing from the middle). Usually it indicates your connection stuttered during the download.

problems with the mediafire site is not our problem, so can't really help you there
Topic Starter
dark-insanity13
well, i tried downloading 47 again, and it worked, so that problem is fixed.

as for the archive thing *sigh* it's a pain, but might as well re-download some of the problem ones. it at least fixes the problem.

thanks for the help, even if it was such a little problem.