forum

Yousei Teikoku - Weiss Flügel

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lolcubes
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 10. veljača 2012. at 14:31:20

Artist: Yousei Teikoku
Title: Weiss Fluegel
Tags: fairy yui itsuki gothic lolita doctrine white wing
BPM: 180
Filesize: 20513kb
Play Time: 03:41
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2,45 stars, 225 notes)
  2. Hard (4,61 stars, 406 notes)
  3. Insane (4,94 stars, 547 notes)
  4. Normal (3,87 stars, 295 notes)
Download: Yousei Teikoku - Weiss Fluegel
Download: Yousei Teikoku - Weiss Fluegel (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This map is supposed to be played with the video enabled, please download the video and don't use No Video mod for full experience.
New map, new style!

(Weiss Flügel means "White Wing" in German)

Here's the edited Insane diff for people who preferred the smaller circles and higher OD.
Download - http://puu.sh/ikp4
Topic Starter
lolcubes
[Log]

1. November 8th: Insane finished.
  2. February 2nd: Hard finished.
  3. February 5th: Mapset done and pending.
  4. February 10th: Big changes done to [Insane].
Cyril Scarlet
ヾ(゚ω゚)ノ゛ Relaxing Insane
Topic Starter
lolcubes
Yay, hard is now done as well. Hurray.
Lame way to bump, right? ;x;
Reisen Udongein
Nice Neat map > <
Topic Starter
lolcubes

Reisen Udongein wrote:

Nice Neat map > <
Thanks!

Also this is now pending, finally! :D
Mods welcome!
Cyril Scarlet
pending, finally! ~~ Yay

S o r d a
yousei teikoku<3 Fight~
Sure
lolitacubes :3
Topic Starter
lolcubes
:D

In any case, just did a small update which includes 14 remapped patterns in Insane for better flow and consistency!
Kite
[Normal]
00:52:431 (3,4,5) - not too sure about that, feels awkward for me to have that note stack on 5, maybe repeat 3 instead and respace the pattern?
01:14:097 (3) - move this beat to 01:13:597 ? sounds better to me
01:31:597 (1) - dunno about this new combo, seems weird while playing that part, but i see what you did here (All diffs)

Nothing to say, nothing to find on any difficulty.
Flow is great and patterns aswell, I don't see why this isn't ranked yet =/
Great mapset. (sorry for poor suggestions, just minor things)
Topic Starter
lolcubes

Kite wrote:

[Normal]
00:52:431 (3,4,5) - not too sure about that, feels awkward for me to have that note stack on 5, maybe repeat 3 instead and respace the pattern? I see what you mean but I can't make it a repeater cause I would have to remap like 15 objects afterwards to fit the current style. The part is sort of consistent with the 2nd part like this too.
01:14:097 (3) - move this beat to 01:13:597 ? sounds better to me I want it here cause of the snare but I am considering adding a note here anyway. Won't add it at the time though.
01:31:597 (1) - dunno about this new combo, seems weird while playing that part, but i see what you did here (All diffs) Fixed. It had wrong color, perhaps why it was looking weird lol.

Nothing to say, nothing to find on any difficulty.
Flow is great and patterns aswell, I don't see why this isn't ranked yet =/
Great mapset. (sorry for poor suggestions, just minor things)
Suggestions ain't a bad thing!
Thanks.
Kawayi Rika
Fight lolcubes star ~ >_<
rEdo
[Easy]
0:18:931 (1,2); 0:29:597 (1,2) - these notes sound a lot better when you've got a whistle only at the second ones, I guess.

[Normal]
0:44:764 (1) - that new combo ain't necessary, I guess.
1:03:931 (1) - ^
2:02:097 (1) - ^
2:21:264 (1) - ^ even though I see that there's increased spacing a bit.
2:49:931 (1) - ^
3:19:931 (4) - maybe add a slider at this point, like you did before at the parts in the song like this one?

[Hard]
AR-1, plays A LOT better.
3:23:597 (1,2); 3:34:264 (1,2) - I don't really like these, you can absolutely come up with something better : )

[Insane]
AR-1, plays quite better, especially at HR. also, since you already listened to my QQ about "Y U NO USE AR5" we already discussed about the circle size on that difficulty, I'll go straight to my little suggestion:
0:28:431 (3) - maybe shorten it by 1/2 and add a note at the white tick? sounds a lot better like that.

well, I guess that's it. I can proudly say that it's easily the best map of yours, lolcubes :3
good luck!
Topic Starter
lolcubes

rEdo wrote:

[Easy]
0:18:931 (1,2); 0:29:597 (1,2) - these notes sound a lot better when you've got a whistle only at the second ones, I guess. Goes against what I did in other diffs but I like this because there is a note missing in the middle. Fixed.

[Normal]
0:44:764 (1) - that new combo ain't necessary, I guess. Probably, but I like to do this because the combo before was following the vocals, while this combo follows the drum. I am just that weird hehe.
1:03:931 (1) - ^ Oh it's the new vocal section, every diff has a new combo here.
2:02:097 (1) - ^Same as previous case, although it's in the grey area you could say because the vocal starts on 2. I will keep the consistency so I'll keep this one too.
2:21:264 (1) - ^ even though I see that there's increased spacing a bit. Indeed, the vocal is really intense here and I emphasized it either through spacing or SV change in every diff. Since without the new combo this could be mistaken for a 3/2 not instead of 1/1.
2:49:931 (1) - ^ This is indeed true and new combo is removed.
3:19:931 (4) - maybe add a slider at this point, like you did before at the parts in the song like this one? I thought of this myself a couple of times but I chose not to do this because that tick only has the beat drum, while the other ticks where I did it had strong percussion in the background.

[Hard]
AR-1, plays A LOT better. B-But I want AR7 here. :( Lower Ar could make those antijumps a bit hard to read too.
3:23:597 (1,2); 3:34:264 (1,2) - I don't really like these, you can absolutely come up with something better : ) It's a bit hard to think of anything else for this I'm afraid. I really want to map every beat in the music and I want to follow the vocals (or the melody at times) as much as possible without making this too hard. I could probably change them to circles but that would be even worse if you ask me. ;x;

[Insane]
AR-1, plays quite better, especially at HR. also, since you already listened to my QQ about "Y U NO USE AR5" we already discussed about the circle size on that difficulty, I'll go straight to my little suggestion: Since I really want hard at AR7 for many reasons, I would like to keep AR8 here atleast because I want it harder than hard. It's not a bitch to play on HR, and with AR7 DT looks very awkward as well. ;x;
0:28:431 (3) - maybe shorten it by 1/2 and add a note at the white tick? sounds a lot better like that. I actually wanted to silence the slider end but I find it confusing at times. I will leave this because it makes sense that you slider until the vocal disappears, which happens right when the slider ends actually. :)

well, I guess that's it. I can proudly say that it's easily the best map of yours, lolcubes :3 Thank you. :D
good luck!
Thanks for the mod! Issues addressed and fixed!
Kurai
General
  1. What is that "1x1.png" file ? And why do you use it in a soryboard ? o.o
  2. I'm not sure about your video offset, I think that her lips move not well with the vocals o.o (or maybe I'm just crazy).
Hard
  1. 02:37:931 (1) - Most of the players use the default skin (because they don't know they can change it 8D), so they have a orange/red spinner-circle and red hitbursts. This circle is red, it may be very difficult to see it after the spinner because it blends in the spinner circle and it is hidden by the hitburst.You should consider putting this circle somewhere else.
  2. 01:20:597 (1) - Even if this circle isn't red, I would put it somewhere else to make it more visible because it is still hidden by the hitburst.
  3. 01:07:264 (1) - I find its track too close from the previous slider, not something very important, but it's kinda ugly.
Insane
  1. 01:20:597 (1) - Same as in [Hard]
  2. 01:43:597 (5) - If I follow the way you have used whistle just earlier, the whistle should be at the start of this slider.
  3. 01:44:264 (6,7) - And the whistle should be on (6), not on (7).
  4. 02:37:931 (1) - Same as in [Hard]
ziin

KuraiPettan wrote:

General
What is that "1x1.png" file ? And why do you use it in a soryboard ? o.o
this is to make the song last longer so the video doesn't quit out at a stupid time. Note that the file is unimportant, just the sb, so delete the file lolcubes, especially because it's not 67 bytes (the smallest size for a 1x1 png image).
Topic Starter
lolcubes

KuraiPettan wrote:

General
  1. What is that "1x1.png" file ? And why do you use it in a soryboard ? o.o I spoke to ziin about it and indeed it's not necessary, file removed.
  2. I'm not sure about your video offset, I think that her lips move not well with the vocals o.o (or maybe I'm just crazy). I actually think the same, however I don't think I can get it right. This is as best as I can do, because if I use earlier values then the video will be off later on. Actually even on the original video the song and video aren't synced perfectly. :/ (atleast the one I have)
Hard
  1. 02:37:931 (1) - Most of the players use the default skin (because they don't know they can change it 8D), so they have a orange/red spinner-circle and red hitbursts. This circle is red, it may be very difficult to see it after the spinner because it blends in the spinner circle and it is hidden by the hitburst.You should consider putting this circle somewhere else. True. I fixed this by adding another white color and colorhaxing the map. It's impossible otherwise.
  2. 01:20:597 (1) - Even if this circle isn't red, I would put it somewhere else to make it more visible because it is still hidden by the hitburst. I find it appropriate because the focus of the spinner is the center.
  3. 01:07:264 (1) - I find its track too close from the previous slider, not something very important, but it's kinda ugly. Repositioned the combo a little, so, fixed.
Insane
  1. 01:20:597 (1) - Same as in [Hard] Same as in [Hard]. :D
  2. 01:43:597 (5) - If I follow the way you have used whistle just earlier, the whistle should be at the start of this slider. Ah, I am actually doing something different here. If you notice a reeaaally subtle "ticking" in the background, you will notice it has a rhythm. Due to the vocals you can't really recognize the whole rhythm, but most of it that I recognized, I used whistles to follow it. I think it's a nice change from standard usage of soft whistles and having a rhythmic feel to it feels nice to me.
  3. 01:44:264 (6,7) - And the whistle should be on (6), not on (7). Same reason here.
  4. 02:37:931 (1) - Same as in [Hard] Fixed!
Thanks!
Kurai
Fabulous!
Topic Starter
lolcubes
\:D/
show more