forum

Some sort of graphics crash? [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Hey guys,

I'll be happily playing along through my song and then suddenly BAM! OUT OF NOWHERE - SCREEN FREEZE!

Music will continue, screen will freeze, after 3 seconds it goes all fuzzy - blurrying like a tv - then it will black out and then abruptly return to normal, only i've obviously just failed my stage, and it also gives me this:

Now, I'm fairly certain it's some form of graphics driver error (duh), and a quick googlesearch tells me that this is a common Nvidia card problem in combination with Vista. What's odd is that, so far as I can tell, Osu is the only thing that seems to provoke this error. Nothing else - nothing else - not Half-Life 2, not Team Fortress 2, not Oblivion, nothing that I thought would be more system heavy seems to create this driver crash.

I'm using a tablet, if that affects anything. And the videocard is a GeForce 8600 FX.

It might just be the driver/vista combo, and I'm upgrading my drivers, but I just thought you would like to know.

/EDIT In some sort of weird coincidence, trying to download the graphics drivers off the Nvidia site produces a similar but not exactly the same graphics crash. Weird.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Updating the graphics drivers seems to have fixed the problem.