forum

Odd Ranking Descrepancy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jseames
Just found this odd record showing up when Checking My Score....it says that my online Record for this beatmap places me at Rank 34, but The one above shows me at 39.

I also can't seem to pull up my replay of that particular instance. What gives?

Saturos
Take a close look at the scores. 34-39 are all identical, meaning you're all tied for 34th. You were the 6th to get that score, and therefore the last shown with said score.
Topic Starter
jseames

Saturos wrote:

Take a close look at the scores. 34-39 are all identical, meaning you're all tied for 34th. You were the 6th to get that score, and therefore the last shown with said score.
D'oh! I guess it makes sense now. :oops: Thanks, Saturos.
RemmyX25
Although I must say, I've never seen that happen before...
Saturos
Pssh, it's a common occurance on easy maps that lack spinners. http://osu.ppy.sh/?p=beatmap&s=2539 is a great example. #1-16 and 21-27 are all the same score. ;x
Topic Starter
jseames
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Saturos
That I'm not sure of, assuming you did have the box checked to save it in the first place. It could indeed be related to having identical scores. Does the rank #34 score have a replay while 35-39 do not?
Topic Starter
jseames

Saturos wrote:

That I'm not sure of, assuming you did have the box checked to save it in the first place. It could indeed be related to having identical scores. Does the rank #34 score have a replay while 35-39 do not?
Number 38's won't play either. Kicks me back to the song listings.

Anyway, all of my other games always save the replay, so it's a bit odd for this one to not do. I would pretty much have to make a conscious decision to uncheck this, wouldn't I?