forum

Naruto - The Raising Fighting Spirit

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hakkashi
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on sábado, 11 de outubro de 2008 at 13:29:59

Artist: Toshiro Masuda
Title: The Raising Fighting Spirit (Naruto Battle Theme)
Source: Naruto
BPM: 140
Filesize: 4430kb
Play Time: 01:31
Difficulties Available:
  1. Gennin (3,58 stars, 126 notes)
  2. Chuunin (4,63 stars, 183 notes)
  3. Jounin (4,96 stars, 202 notes)
Download: Toshiro Masuda - The Raising Fighting Spirit (Naruto Battle Theme)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first one =) it's on the battle theme for Naruto. The plan was to make 4 difficulties, but I ran out of ideas as how to do another one =P so I'll stick to those three.

Hope you enjoy! o
An64fan
Agh... Please.... The composer is Toshiro Masuda. I told that to the other person who happened to map this as well.

Genin: After that, first thing comes with Genin (which, yes, can be spelled either way, genin or gennin). This feels much too difficult to be a basic-level map. As a plus, the drain rate definitely doesn't make it beginner-friendly. I'm still trying to beat this.

00:12:63 (1,2) - I feel this is just a bit close to the previous combo.... More time between this and the last combo, but about the same amount of space, which makes it feel a bit awkward.
00:16:78 (1,2) - I just feel these two are a little far.... This might not necessarily need changing.
00:42:78 (1,2,3), 00:44:63 (1,2) - Ok, seriously, either move the beats of these combos further apart, or move the beats in the combos of 00:42:21 (1,2,3) and 00:43:92 (1,2,3) closer together. I see this as a big spacing issues.
00:53:06 (1,2) - I feel that this is kinda far from 00:53:63 (1).
01:14:49 (2,3,4) - These are kinda far apart and should definitley be closer together.

Chuunin: Again, this is tough.

00:09:06 (8) - This feels kinda awkward with being under 7.... Perhaps consider moving one or the other?
00:28:21 (1,2) - Closer together, or 3 a bit further from them? Again, another spacing thing I feel I have a problem with.
00:41:49 (1,2) - See above. They should be a bit closer.

Jounin: I can't keep up.

00:06:92 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6) - I have issues with these. MAYBE move them closer to each other, I dunno. I can't keep up with anything on this difficulty so don't bother listening to anything I have to say here. :P
00:14:21 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,1,1) - Please. Move sliders and beats closer together, for equal time gaps do not currently equate to equal (even close to equal) distance. O_o
00:26:21 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - See above.
00:35:63 (1,2,3,4) - No, I can't tell what you did with the spacing here.
00:42:78 (1,2,3) - Please see Genin. Exact same spacing issues as then.
00:55:63 (1,2,1,1,2) - Once more, I can't tell what the heck you were trying to do with the spacing.
00:57:49 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2) - And again. O_o
01:29:06 (1) - I have no idea what this is mapped to.

Is there a need to having different backgrounds?

Heck no. I'm not even touching timing.

And like with the other The Raising Fighting Spirit map I saw, overall, this is good, though I feel it still needs work.
Joker_old
Nice map
Topic Starter
Hakkashi
Okay, An64fan... First, thank you for the review =) and forgive me about the composer, I don't watch Naruto, I just read it. A friend of mine showed me this song yesterday night, and I decided to map it, as my first try, so I had little to no information about the song.

Well, in Gennin and Chuunin I'm almost sure I kind of made all the changes you mentioned, unless I misunderstood you in some point(s), sometimes I fail to understand, 'cause english is not my home-language, but I try. ^^ In jounin, I'm not sure I followed any of your suggestions, 'cause it's supposed to be hardass, you know... but I read all of them, just don't think I have followed. Also, I made some changes I thought necessary, myself, you may notice them, or you may not, but they all made it easier. =)

No, there's no need for 3 backgrounds, but I see no problems either, so I tried to match them up to the difficulty names, not 100%, but it's okay. Hope the map is better now. Thanks once again. \o
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.