forum

Fake S.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
SecksyJennie
'Fake S' is when you do an 'S' at the end of a beatmap but you didn't FullCombo'd it. Meaning if you miss a slider or press a slider too early and you don't miss any other notes you'll get an S.

So the request is a 'Fake S' icon that you get that kind of 'S' when you don't FullCombo.

The reason why do we need a 'Fake S' is because it's annoying to see an 'S' at a beatmap and you know you didn't even FullCombo the beatmap thus you need to play that beatmap again for a FullCombo.

~Luff Jennie <3
YoshiKart
Just open the replay and check if there's a perfect graphic on the graph.
ash
Rankings are serious business

If you don't like the rank you received for a map (in this case, a "fake S"), just play the map again and try to overturn the original rank. Don't whine and ask for a completely different rank to identify when you didn't get a full combo.

This is totally bogus. Example:

http://osu.ppy.sh/?p=beatmap&s=74 (score #10)

Missed the end of a slider, but otherwise is a perfect combo with all 300s and no misses (disregarding the final slider). I mean, missing a slider end doesn't break combo for a reason; sometimes you have to do this in order to not actually miss a beat (airman anyone?). It's like giving someone an A for never truly missing, but not getting the entire combo. That's a bit extreme, don't you think? If this were to actually happen, there would be no reason for an S imo; just A and X. With accuracy in mind (with the example above), that would still be considered a fake S (similar to an A), and so it would make sense that anything below 100% accuracy be anything BUT an X.

rant, I know, but come on
some people complain about this but I don't see the value in actually complaining about it
Topic Starter
SecksyJennie
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ash
It's not of my authority to define a feature request to be denied or approved, now is it?
Gemi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ThePassingShadow
In theory, a good idea. However, the definition of an S rank is:

• <10% 100s
    <1% 50s
    Zero Xs
So even if there is a slider break, it should be an S.

When I used to slider break often... I would always add the song to my favourites B list in-game, if it was an S. I would go back and fix it later. That is a possible solution. To check for fake S ranks, just look at your max combo. It becomes obvious.

Or... Just press retry when you slider break. That is what I do.