forum

Osu Crash on Start [Windows Vista]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dagam
Hi, I'm having some problems running Osu! , the game crashes when i start it with this error :

[My OS it's in Spanish sorry :oops: ]

and then 5 seconds later :

Is Osu not compatible with Windows Vista?

Hope someone can help
peppy
I develop osu! on vista so it is definitely compatible. Can you try downloading the installer again? Also make sure you have .NET Framework installed, and possibly try disabling any virus scanners you have running to test that too.
Topic Starter
Dagam
I just installed Win Vista so i don't have any AV running atm, also i downloaded the .NET Framework 2.0 ... but it didn't install becouse it said I have a newer version, this is happening also on my notebook, I'm using a LITE version of Win Vista with SP1.

I just downloaded again the osu! installer and i have the same problem :o
peppy
Well it doesn't help that the error is in another language. Any chance of a translation?
YoshiKart
In the first window, it says "The instruction at 0x6b6a27e7 referred to the memory at 0x0000000. That memory could not be read."

Second window - "The application generated an exception that could not be controlled. Process ID = 0x2128 (8488), Subprocess ID = 0x212c (8492)"

And the rest is just click to exit program. I don't think that really helps much, does it?
warpio
I'm getting this exact same error message on my Vista PC. It works fine on my laptop which uses XP Professional. does anyone know how to fix this?
Topic Starter
Dagam
well, the only fix for me atm was just going back to windows xp ... are you using a "LITE" version of Vista?? maybe that's the problem.
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
[deleted user]
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Hidan_old
same problem here im using winodws vista lite 5 sp1 and whn i try to download netframework it sas that i have the newest version installed :(
peppy
I'm not sure what Vista Lite is, but it sound both illegal and dodgy. If you need solutions, I'd recommend google though, not the osu! forums. Feel free to post a solution here if you find one.

I don't really condone the removal of required files from operating systems, which seems to be your problem.
Chaos Anime X
It works fine with my Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP1 with all win updates as well as latest .NET framework

also there is no official "lite" version of Vista produced by Microsoft......
Echo
ramenset
degoboom lol
hello on this almost 2020 im in win vista
and im wondering if osu its not compatible for win vista
or just my systems
bcoz my sistems are

Intel Pentium 4 HT inside 3.00 GHz, 1 gb ram, an a 32 bit system