forum

KOKIA - Ai no Melody

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on venerdì 30 gennaio 2009 at 21.13.56

Artist: KOKIA
Title: Ai no Melody
Source: Gin-iro no kami no Agito ED
BPM: 132
Filesize: 5626kb
Play Time: 04:50
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (3,93 stars, 411 notes)
  2. Normal (2,29 stars, 164 notes)
Download: KOKIA - Ai no Melody
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
WARINING: if you downloaded this map before the 27th October 2008 16:00 GMT +1, please do a full re-download, because i changed the song.

Here's my longest map.
I think is one of the best ones i made.
I love the song and i think i did a good job with beat placing.
The song is the ending of the anime Gin-iro no kami no Agito.

- WARNING: not knowing why, this map is bugged, because of a slider changing tick rate.
Wait for new public before an eventual ranking, in test build this is fixed. *fixed*

Since i completely delete that slider because of the new mp3, there shouldn't be that problem anymore :)

- Tell me if this map is ok with 6 minutes of play also. *fixed*
New map has about 4:30 mins of playtime breaks included.

EDIT: modded slow part by making sliderticks mute. Please do a full re-download.
EDIT: map remade. Old full version will be upped in a post for those who like it.
EDIT: James suggestions (two times XD)
EDIT: fixed long break in hard and remade normal (just deleted and moved something)
EDIT: secret IRC talk with Burai XD, fixed timing
EDIT: fixed background (thanks peppy). Peppy is also fine with hard :)
EDIT: other minor fixes
ash
Wow. This is really well mapped. No mistakes as far as I can see.

I'd love to see this ranked, soon, but you might want to consider one more difficulty. Of course, it's not required and it's totally up to you.

Edit: okay, bubbled
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
Wow, thanks for the bubble :)
I just want to remember the next mod to not rank this one until the new public version, cos of the bug... :(

EDIT: and grats for becoming a mod :D
James
need other mod opinions for this map,
6 min songlength BUT 4min+ playlength EXCLUDING breaks.

and dropping it to star because of the slider thing you say.
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
I got a "shorter" version of the song.
It's 5:41 instead of 7:05, so the playtime of hard should go around 5 mins. Is this good?
And to reupload it (after fixing osu file) do i just have to change the mp3 in the folder and do a full re-submission?

EDIT: and what should the ones who already download it do?

Please let me know. :D
Sinistro
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
CnF's playtime of the 7 min one is something like 4+ mins only, so the 5:41 songlength can be mapped for like ~4:30 which is ok
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
Remade the map with the "new" song.

For those who liked it, i uppy'd the old long one (Hard only, since Normal is not different).
It has different tags, so it should not overwrite the "official" version.

Download: KOKIA - Ai no Melody (full).osz
Larto
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
hard:
01:19:44 (1) - necessary?
omg 20+ second break, can you do something about this? i only allow breaks this long in easier diffs.
01:31:37 (4) - just delete this and make 3 a slider, that way, you get the voice and the bg effect at the same time
03:46:59 - remove this thing
04:19:54 - remove this thing

normal:
00:58:76 (6) - sounds better when it starts in 00:58:53, but i think you are following some other thing here..
01:31:03 (2) - extend 1/4 beat forward.
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE

James wrote:

hard:
01:19:44 (1) - necessary?
omg 20+ second break, can you do something about this? i only allow breaks this long in easier diffs.
01:31:37 (4) - just delete this and make 3 a slider, that way, you get the voice and the bg effect at the same time
03:46:59 - remove this thing
04:19:54 - remove this thing
- Isn't there the voice? :?
- What can i do about it... :o
- I think i don't get what you mean... :?
- Uhm, i agree here, done.
- I like the effect of pausing here... =3

James wrote:

normal:
00:58:76 (6) - sounds better when it starts in 00:58:53, but i think you are following some other thing here..
01:31:03 (2) - extend 1/4 beat forward.
- I was thinking about this one, but now i fixed like you suggested and i made it a bit longer
- Done
James
- What can i do about it... :o
i dont know! hahaha

- Isn't there the voice? :?
yes its in there, but it is too soft almost not hearing anything. so imo its better to just remove it

- I think i don't get what you mean... :?
since your circle (4) doesnt really go in the blue tick, its somewhere along white and blue tick. you wont agree with it anyways so why the hell am i posting this

Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
Ok, here's what I think:
Since the two beats are like you said, i turned them into a slider, but i left the same timing, because imo it sounds better than making a plain 1/1 slider.
After all, it's impossible that someone releases the key before the slider ends.
m980
sara50
luv this map

needs to be ranked

dont change too much
cuz it's great as it is

:idea: maybe a fitting video in it :lol: :idea:

edit: my brother has the dvd now maybe he can make a vid for ya
Cyclone
Ah, i forgot to post yesterday. I made a few fixes in IRC, so the only concerns that remain here is the 30 second break in Hard(in which i have told Card he should map the second half of it) and the song length(4:50, could possibly be shortened down to where normal ends, which would ultimately get rid of the 30 second break problem.)
Bull Dog_old
I just played through the latest version of this map(as of this post) on hard and, I must say I liked it.

Beautiful song, beautiful background image, and fun to play.

I'm no beatmap expert but, for what its worth, I would give this one a vote to be ranked.
Sinistro
Normal
00:18:76 (2) - Either 1/4 longer or put a circle at 00:19:21.
01:31:03 (2) - 1/8 longer.
01:58:76 (5) - As with 00:18:76 (2).

Hard
00:18:76 (2) - Same as Normal.
01:58:76 (5) - As with 00:18:76 (2).
03:16:37 (1,2) - choose 1/6 snap divisor and move them to the closest preceding purple tick.
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
Uhm I'm not fully coinvinced about the fixed you suggested for 01:31:03 (2) and 01:58:76 (5) in normal, because i think they get along better with the vocals as i made them before, but maybe for a normal it's better to fix them as you suggested (done)

Sinistro wrote:

00:18:76 (2) - Same as Normal.
01:58:76 (5) - As with 00:18:76 (2)
Do I have to in hard too? :<
I really don't like how it sounds... (and i don't really think someone will brake combo here)

Sinistro wrote:

03:16:37 (1,2) - choose 1/6 snap divisor and move them to the closest preceding purple tick.
Done. I had trouble because of this combo XD
Cyclone
What happened? Try full submitting please.

show more