forum

Alternate Spinner Sounds

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
If a spinner is associated with a clap sound, make it so that there is a looping (duh) applause sound during the spinning without any frequency change? Maybe the volume increases the more it spins?

EDIT: I feel there can be more of these sounds implemented (Luigi mentioned whistled spinners). Finish could be a drumroll that matches the spinner's length (volume increase is proportional). Whistle, which may seem annoying, is like sliders, but it increases volume gradually.
When a spinner is highlighted, checkboxes could appear next to the button for whistle/finish/clap, and you can choose your alternate sound there, so that you can choose between the regular/current sound now, and the alternate sound for spinners.
ThePassingShadow
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RemmyX25

ThePassingShadow wrote:

As long as this is a feature for editor and not something that must always happen to spinners, I'm fine with it.
More toggles?

Wow.
Topic Starter
YoshiKart

RemmyX25 wrote:

More toggles?

Wow.
This.

And I think just hearing a single clap after a spinner is pretty boring and monotonous. If you really don't like it, wait 'til there's a spinner-applause.wav or something, and put and empty one in your favorite skin.
LuigiHann

ThePassingShadow wrote:

As long as this is a feature for editor and not something that must always happen to spinners, I'm fine with it.
Reread. He was suggesting this for spinners which have the "clap" sound attached to them. It's not a bad idea.

I actually wouldn't mind having a whistle sound play during whistle spinners, either. I just wonder if that may irritate people.
ThePassingShadow

LuigiHann wrote:

ThePassingShadow wrote:

Reread. He was suggesting this for spinners which have the "clap" sound attached to them. It's not a bad idea.

I actually wouldn't mind having a whistle sound play during whistle spinners, either. I just wonder if that may irritate people.
It would irritate me. Especially for spinners such as Airman spinners.
yourMoonstone

ThePassingShadow wrote:

It would irritate me. Especially for spinners such as Airman spinners.
I think if it was executed in this fashion I would love it. Lower frequency at the start, increase volume too. I think it could work rather well.
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
Why change frequencies for applause?

BTW, this should only be used sparingly, and usually for medium-long ending spinners.
ThePassingShadow

YoshiKart wrote:

BTW, this should only be used sparingly, and usually for medium-long ending spinners.
As I said, make it an option in Editor. That way, it can be used sparingly or not, based upon the mapper's discretion.
yourMoonstone

YoshiKart wrote:

Oops, my bad. Was thinking of that map I linked to, which isn't really an applause sound.

ThePassingShadow wrote:

As I said, make it an option in Editor. That way, it can be used sparingly or not, based upon the mapper's discretion.
From what I hear more toggles aren't the direction peppy wants to go. Bearing that in mind, I think the previously proposed idea of a "spinner-applause.wav" would be best.
ThePassingShadow

LordMoonstone wrote:

ThePassingShadow wrote:

From what I hear more toggles aren't the direction peppy wants to go. Bearing that in mind, I think the previously proposed idea of a "spinner-applause.wav" would be best.
As far as I know, adding the ability to use sounds in editor if you wish is not a toggle. It is a beatmapper's choice.

It's just like every other sound option you have in editor.
ash
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
An64fan
Perhaps it could be like the whistle on the main length on the sliders? Maybe you could have it so that you could have an applause for the length of the spinner, but also allow a single clap to be attached to the end if that's what you wished?
Topic Starter
YoshiKart