forum

Arashi - truth

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, October 17, 2008 at 12:21:32 AM

Artist: Arashi
Title: truth
Source: Maou
BPM: 140
Filesize: 25611kb
Play Time: 03:09
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.33 stars, 140 notes)
  2. Normal (2.7 stars, 198 notes)
  3. Hard (4.57 stars, 370 notes)
  4. Insane (4.81 stars, 488 notes)
Download: Arashi - truth
Download: Arashi - truth (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hahaha, I'll make an easy later... for now however, Hard should be acceptable. :D
Check plz~ :P

UPDATE: Now with easy and normal! XD
UPDATE 2: Now with a nice sounding mp3 XD
DawnII
As discussed on IRC, offset isn't inherently wrong, just offsets the true count of the song.
Offset: 2,116
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Fixed~
Thanks again, Dawn. :3

EDIT: Unfortunately, it seems like the offset is different with awesome-sounding mp3. So, having a different offset now. XO
Symbolic
Nice map Max, great job.

hope it's ranked soon :)
peppy
Offset 1427

Normal
Felt fine.

Hard

00:46:61 (3) - claps on this beat feel out of place.
actually in generally i feel the clap doesn't really fit with this song (on the beats you have placed it). it just feels like you've gone through and added it on random beats :/.

01:24:54 (4,5,7,8,9) - very confusing overlap. i'd suggest you reposition the slider.
01:26:69 (4,5) - "
01:30:76 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - i find this way too random personally, and beyond hard difficulty.
01:56:69 (1,1,1) - no way.
02:50:47 (1,2,3,4) - ugly
02:53:69 (4,5,7,8,9) - dodgy overlap.
03:06:97 (2,3,1,2,1) - i dunno i find these sections really overmapped in this difficulty. you don't have to change it, but i really don't enjoy playing this as it doesn't accentuate the song as it should.
03:57:33 (1,2,3,1) - yeah, i dunnno.
04:03:11 (1,2) - dodgy overlap
04:09:97 (1,2,3) - dodgy overlap ^2
03:39:11 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - timing as mentioned in irc (white blue red)

A lot of the above where i've said the difficulty is too high is easily solveable if you rename this to "Insane". As it stands, they have no place in a hard map.

Starred on the assumption you are renaming hard to insane~
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Fixed the claps and the mistimed notes. Kept the jumps and the overlaps and renamed Hard to Insane.
However, I made a new Hard to accommodate this. ;X
James
im bubbling this i guess. found nothing wrong. i just looked the map to see where are those overlapping stuff but found nothing.

actually in generally i feel the clap doesn't really fit with this song (on the beats you have placed it). it just feels like you've gone through and added it on random beats :/.
imo claps are best placed at the 7.5th and 8th beat. :)
go figure mattydemon :)

edit: wheres the jumps? :P
Mogsy
I'm with James on this one, I can't find any problems.

Ranked.
peppy
yawn map
Echo
I'm with peppy on this one - I downloaded it with much higher expectations than what I actually saw in the map. From a "guidelines" point of view the map is rankable (I guess) but I just don't find it fun to play at all :(

Anyway, in case peppy ends up unranking this (I know how much he likes this song) here's my easy and normal that I did ages ago without uploading. I don't like Easy much but I do kinda like my Normal :P

Download: Arashi - Truth (Echo49) [Normal].osu

Download: Arashi - Truth (Echo49) [Easy].osu
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Gotta say I am quite offended by these comments, first, peppy complained about the map is too hard and then he is now yawning at it. Which is quite funny, because to be honest, I actually liked how both Hard and Insane turned out.

And Echo, just because I mapped it doesn't mean you couldn't map it.
James
why will it be unranked? because it is a "yawn" map? :)

while they are at it, i dont like those spinnerspams, i cant see the video!!
Echo
Your Hard map seems to be harder (and more fun) than your Insane map, and the Insane map just seems a tad boring to me.

I realise I was a bit rude in my last post, sorry

I probably won't upload my own copies as a set.
James
well tbqh, echo is right. hard is more fun than insane...
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon

James wrote:

well tbqh, echo is right. hard is more fun than insane...
Would it be funny that I actually do like hard more than insane? >_>;

Download: Bernstein & Ruegger - Freakazoid! (Nicogeta) [Footix's Normal].osu
James
i dont know. +free xp

i enjoyed testing hard more than insane
mattyu007