forum

Katrina & the Waves - I'm Walking on Sunshine

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aliento
This is my second beatmap so far. I think I did a pretty good job, honestly. But It's only my second one, so I'm sure there are improvements that can be made. This is one of my favorite songs, I hope you enjoy the beatmap!

Download it here: (Edit: has been fixed now! Please re-download!)
http://osu.ppy.sh/d/157

Please leave me some feedback! I'd appreciate it!
Echo
That's a nice beatmap. However, the song, believe it or not, actually speeds up and slows down, so one timing section won't do. I've added a few in there, you may want to take a look and adjust as you see fit.

Also, at 3:36 the first slider ends at the same time the second slider starts. You should fix this.

Take a look at my copy.

Download: Katrina & The Waves - I'm Walking On Sunshine (Aliento).osu
Topic Starter
Aliento
However, the song, believe it or not, actually speeds up and slows down, so one timing section won't do. I've added a few in there, you may want to take a look and adjust as you see fit.
Really? I really couldn't tell. The timing seemed fine to me...is there a reliable way to tell?
Also, at 3:36 the first slider ends at the same time the second slider starts. You should fix this.
Actually this was intentional. Was it too hard or out of place?
Kharl

Aliento wrote:

Actually this was intentional. Was it too hard or out of place?
That is impossible to play and must be avoided when making a map. Try playtest your song and you'll understand. ;)
Echo

Kharl wrote:

That is impossible to play and must be avoided when making a map. Try playtest your song and you'll understand. ;)
Technically, it's possible as long as you can let go and press the button within 50ms of the first slider finishing (to get 300, more time for less points), but it's not a good idea to include something like this in a beatmap.

Aliento wrote:

Really? I really couldn't tell. The timing seemed fine to me...is there a reliable way to tell?
Not really. The thing that tipped me off was that I could get an entire section of a song with perfect BPM, but then it suddenly went off beat in a very short amount of time (a few bars), which shouldn't happen if the song has a constant BPM.
Topic Starter
Aliento
Ok, thanks to everyone who replied and gave feedback! Thanks in particular to you Echo, I would never have noticed the tempo changes. Thanks!

I've re-uploaded the file, with all the edits I felt necessary. Please re-download if you've already done so before! Thanks everyone!
eyup
Very nice song choice - and nice beatmap! Good work.
Echo
*ranks*
Nintendonick4
I didn't have the timing problems that others seemed to... I thought it was well done, and the timing of the sliders near the end was great.
awp

Echo49 wrote:

Technically, it's possible as long as you can let go and press the button within 50ms of the first slider finishing
Actually, you don't even have to let go. Considering there are multiple trigger buttons, on a mouse you can hold your left-click down to do the first slider, and "click" with the right mouse button while still holding with the left mouse button and it works the same. That's how I hit Ghost notes; the principle's kind of the same.
Ivalset

awp wrote:

Actually, you don't even have to let go. Considering there are multiple trigger buttons, on a mouse you can hold your left-click down to do the first slider, and "click" with the right mouse button while still holding with the left mouse button and it works the same. That's how I hit Ghost notes; the principle's kind of the same.
Indeed, I do this a lot with maps that have a beat and then a slider right underneath - left click to hit first beat and hold down, then tap right to start the slider. It's pretty much necessary for Scatman.

Though I never bothered to do so with ghost notes...
John_la_moutarde
Hello

I think there's a problem with the downloadable file for this beatmap.
When i download it, I only get a file named "beatmap" without the usual .osz ending.
Am I the only one ? Can anybody fix it ?
Thanks
RemmyX25
Fixed download link.