forum

Joss Whedon - Ballad of Serenity

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GSR_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 11:06:07 PM

Artist: Joss Whedon
Title: Ballad of Serenity
Source: Firefly
BPM: 87.5
Filesize: 1130kb
Play Time: 00:44
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.69 stars, 68 notes)
Download: Joss Whedon - Ballad of Serenity
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
oh hai 1-minute beatmap

Timing on this is from a BPM analyzer due to the song. Anyone with a better ear than me for the BPM/offset? Also, should I even bother with a 51-second beatmap? >_>

Also please to be ignoring any and all beats placed, the first bunch are roughly done and the rest are just to mark where the lyrics are.

EDIT: ...and the links are broken. Just a sec, reuploading.

EDIT2: Should be fixed now.
DawnII
I'm going to say the timing is 85.51 BPM/30 Offset. The offset may very well be wrong, but it's the best I could do to fit everything.

As for the map, I don't think the length is too much of a problem. Just don't add in any breaks, map the entire thing. You were doing good at first with combo length, but all of a sudden you make a giant stack with a combo going up to the 50's. First, dissolve the stack, it looks terrible. Second, add new combos with varied patterns.

Spacing is not terrible, it seems like you know a little bit about what to do. Some of it isn't accurate, however, so try going through and cleaning that up. Distance snap is also a useful tool (found on the right side of the editor).

Firefly is probably my favorite TV series, so it's neat that you're doing this.
Topic Starter
GSR_old

DawnII wrote:

As for the map, I don't think the length is too much of a problem. Just don't add in any breaks, map the entire thing. You were doing good at first with combo length, but all of a sudden you make a giant stack with a combo going up to the 50's. First, dissolve the stack, it looks terrible. Second, add new combos with varied patterns.

Spacing is not terrible, it seems like you know a little bit about what to do. Some of it isn't accurate, however, so try going through and cleaning that up. Distance snap is also a useful tool (found on the right side of the editor).

The first post wrote:

Also please to be ignoring any and all beats placed, the first bunch are roughly done and the rest are just to mark where the lyrics are.
I know enough not to do 50-beat stacks of notes. ;)
Darcello
Since it's not completely done yet, just one note for now--the music volume's too soft in comparison to the SFX volume. Otherwise, keep up the good work; I'd love to see this in its finished state.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.