forum

Happai-tai - YATTA

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jaq_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, October 24, 2008 at 7:30:16 PM

Artist: Happai-tai
Title: YATTA
BPM: 132.96
Filesize: 5024kb
Play Time: 03:43
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.43 stars, 255 notes)
  2. Hard (3.24 stars, 340 notes)
Download: Happai-tai - YATTA
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
DawnII
Timing:
132.95 BPM/3,748 Offset

Ehh, I don't really want to pick on the spacing, but I'm going to say stuff like you're doing is best reserved for Hard/Insane. Try to keep the spacing consistent for the easier difficulties.

Also, no video? You can't map this and leave out the video!
Darcello
It's not so much the spacing itself; rather, it's as if the Easy mode and the Insane mode were mashed together. You have steady beats that are well-spaced and go well with the "light-hearted fun" theme of the song... and then, suddenly, there's near-impossible jumps across the screen and evil after-spinner beats that suck the fun right out of it. As DawnII said, you can have both sides, but it's best to keep them in separate difficulties--the light, bouncy notes in Easy and the skill-testing tricks with more difficult rhythms in Hard or Insane.
Topic Starter
Jaq_old
Heyo. Thanks for the help. (This is my first time beatmapping, thanks for bearing with me)
I've fixed the half beat notes and yeah, I see what you mean. Also the spacing improved? Spinners in between those tight areas are gone and hopefully now acceptable.

Oop. Also, I'm not sure how I submit the new version. Do I upload it again?
Darcello
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Darcello
Ah, definitely much better. Now, I wouldn't be me if I weren't nitpicky, but there are still a couple other things to fix. First, you may want to play around with either the pace or the health drain. Toward the beginning, there was a point or two where I was hitting all the right notes but the top bar went down to about half. The middle was fine, and the end might've slowed down a bit, as well. Fixing this should drop the difficulty a little bit, but it does make room for another difficulty, if you wish to pursue that. Also, please break up those two blue combos--one of the two went all the way up to 30. ><

Otherwise, this difficulty was fantastic. It had that same bouncy, fun feel and a few hidden surprises that kept me thinking, but there wasn't anything that was out of place for its difficulty. This was a fantastic editing job. I can't wait to see the final product--and the next difficulty! :P
Topic Starter
Jaq_old
Ooh! Thanks alot for those words! I can see how the drain rate can be quite the bug during the reeaaaallly long combo. I'll split it up quite nicely.

And, if anyone knows how I can get the YATTA video it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.