forum

Hellogoodbye - Shimmy Shimmy Quarter Turn

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 6:48:14 PM

Artist: Hellogoodbye
Title: Shimmy Shimmy Quarter Turn
BPM: 130
Filesize: 3792kb
Play Time: 03:03
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.81 stars, 345 notes)
  2. m980's Easy (2.58 stars, 203 notes)
  3. Normal (4.52 stars, 322 notes)
  4. Rolled (4.85 stars, 398 notes)
Download: Hellogoodbye - Shimmy Shimmy Quarter Turn
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Here you go, Rolled. Easiest timing I've ever done. This map has generally the same custom colors as my other Hellogoodbye map. Same difficulty settings, too. The difference, however, is quite large. This map is sure to piss some people off. :D (Mostly with the hit sounds. Sorry.) Without counting the offset, the total number of timing sections in this map comes to...54. (Or something. I'm not recounting.) Interesting? I think so. (Invaders Must Die has more. A lot more.)

So this map is HECKA OLD, YO. From October. Back when I was crazy about Distance Snap and stuff like that... So if you liked my old style, enjoy this. If you don't, then at least you won't get too many more of these, if any.

Edit: Rolled had me take out the (Take It Back To Square One) part of the song name.
Edit 2: Timing feels weird in one part, but I checked it so many times and I'm convinced my timing's right. It's only a few notes that were off. Guess Forrest got a little ahead of himself or something. Retro-edit: Yeah, I was wrong. Rolled's offset fixed this up.
Edit 3: WHOOPS! Those timing tweaks screwed up the intro something fierce.
Edit 4: Fixed some syncing issues. Retro-edit: Oh, and I used Rolled's +10 offset.
Edit 5: Take 3 of the Awesome Section and THIS IS THE ONE!
Edit 6: Changed a few circles into a couple of sliders. Couple other random things.
Edit 7: HUGE overhaul in the Awesome Section. If you go into editor and see a red rectangle on the timeline, I will relieve your mind by saying that's not a weird glitch. It's 31 timing sections for an overdone hit sound experiment that went horribly right. :]
Edit 8: Hard is DONE! I came across another timing problem that I took care of unless a mod (i.e. Rolled) thinks otherwise.
Edit 9: Normal WIP. It's almost done, so I wanna make sure I have a backup on here.
Edit 10: Normal's finally mapped, but needs hit sounds.
Edit 11: Fixed Hard's hit sounds.
Edit 12: Added Rolled's difficulty and added about half of Normal's hit sounds with some minor Hard hit sound changes.
Edit 13: Hit sounds are finally done, maps are finally done, everything is done. Finally ready for modding and stuff. If you can figure out some better timing for me, you get a cookie (or something of equal value)
Edit 14: I updated Hard with some custom timing of mine and I think it sounds pretty good. Timing section bandages, but whatever, it works. If you think so, too, I'll put that timing on the other difficulties.
Edit 15: So I just did Cyclone's thing there with the breaks and spinners and Rolled took out the weird BPMs in his difficulty. He didn't do spinners/breaks like me, though, so he's got some timing sections to sync with the vocals for his, but mine doesn't really need that because of the aforementioned *inhales* breaks and spinners.
Edit 16: Added m980's Easy. He didn't want to put hit sounds in, so sorry for my shitty sounds. :[ This song is hard for me to give hit sounds to...
Rolled
James
rolled's

ahahaha 02:03:24 (1) - come on make it more visible~ like 1 grid below the pink slider~

and yeah timing feels strange at other parts...
Rolled
Yeah, timing is really retarded at spots around 02:05:54. His vocals go off but for confusion reasons I left it the same BPM/offset. Whether or not this was correct to do idk, I could try to fix up the BPM to make the notes hit the vocals better but holy shit would that be frustrating.

Also, fixed osu:

Download: Hellogoodbye - Shimmy Shimmy Quarter Turn (Seibei4211) [Rolled].osu
Rolled
Sorry double post~

Took a stab at fixing the retarded spots. Played with some offsets and it sounds pretty good now.

edit: Fix v2. Just tweaking.

more edit: seibei is lazy so heres what i did for timing

[08:39] <Rolled> 108,939, 113,073, 124,147, 127,823, 129,655
[08:40] <Rolled> i put offsets there
[08:40] <Rolled> at normal BPM

Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I got sidetracked. I'll fix timing in the morning. I mean, later than now. I mean afternoon.
minyeob
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Rolled

minyeob wrote:

[Rolled]
1:30:927(11) little fast. 1/8 beat later is an accurate timing.
What? No :/
Cyclone
I don't think fucking with the timing completely based on the fact the singer stops singing off beat for a measure or 2 is a good idea. Just use a Break or a spinner whenever he forgets what rhythm is.
m980
Bandages have been put on.

I'd bubble this, however..

Rolled's difficulty uses the Slider Thing (The BPM Thing). So I'm not sure if I should bubble this yet..

Talk with Rolled about this.
Rolled
Yeah m980 that slider part is gay anyways. Shouldn't be ranked.

Anyways Seibei I played with the BPM and it fits nicely in my map, not sure how it'd work in yours since we mapped the gay vocal part differently. Let me know what you guys think and I'll make appropriate adjustments.

Larto
Well made.

What about an Easy difficulty.

Okay he'll add one.

Starred so far <3
m980
Larto
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh

BUBBLE
Zerostarry
After alot of shit, ranked >_>